Vegetables are great - if you have the appetite for them

Options
I used vegetables to bulk up my spaghetti bolognaise recipe, and my goodness did I succeed in doing that... a bowl of 490grams of food for less than 700 calories.

I could barely finish half this bowl of food before I had to stop before I feel really uncomfortably full, idk if I'm bloated or if my appetite is just non existant. I'll probably finish the rest of the bowl for dinner.

All I know is I need to go exercise to work off the bloat or drink some oil or something otherwise I'm going to end this day way under 1200 calories... :lol:

Replies

• Maaike84
    Maaike84 Posts: 211 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Educated guess is that it's probably the fiber in the veggies. Fiber is generally considered very good for your bowels, but if you are not used to consuming a higher amount it can cause bloating in the beginning. Also, yeah, much more volume of food when adding calories!

ETA: good way to get rid of bloating is to drink loads of water.
  • QueenofHearts023
    QueenofHearts023 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Maaike84 wrote: »
    Educated guess is that it's probably the fiber in the veggies. Fiber is generally considered very good for your bowels, but if you are not used to consuming a higher amount it can cause bloating in the beginning. Also, yeah, much more volume of food when adding calories!

ETA: good way to get rid of bloating is to drink loads of water.

I'm having issues with my IBS at the moment, and this guy TOM is also visiting me, so those could probably be the reasons for the bloat and lack of appetite.
  • Maaike84
    Maaike84 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Yeah, those could definitely also be culprits! And just noticed that where I said adding calories, I obviously meant adding veggies. So hard, this typing words thing...
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    But did it taste good?

:)
  • QueenofHearts023
    QueenofHearts023 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    But did it taste good?

:)

It was D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S! :tongue: