Phentermine/Duromine Users?

Hi there :)
My name is Annie, and I've always been overweight, and I struggle with losing weight. I'm 162cm tall, and at 86kg my BMI is too high for people my height. I've been prescribed 30mg Duromine for 4 months. I have only been on it for a couple days (started on the 26th). I go to the gym 4-5 times a week for roughly an hour, I eat clean and drink 2.5 litres a day.

A) I'm experiencing bad sleep, how long does it last?
B) how much did you last while on D/how long did it take?

Thanks so much for answering if you do! Also, don't be shy to add me, I'd love new friends :)

Replies

• MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited January 2016
    It's nickname is "legal speed". It's going to keep you awake as long as you take it.
    You might also feel restlessness, agitation, increased heart rate, headaches, increased blood pressure, dry mouth and nausea.
  • AnnieJaneW
    AnnieJaneW Posts: 8 Member
    It's nickname is "legal speed". It's going to keep you awake as long as you take it.
    You might also feel restlessness, agitation, increased heart rate, headaches, increased blood pressure, dry mouth and nausea.

I don't feel any of those :) and I've read up on it quite a bit, just wanted to get some real peoples experiences
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    It's a crutch. Coffee is better.
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    If you do a quick forum search you'll find a lot of threads on this topic. Very controversial, pops up a few times a week. Then maybe friend or PM people who actually said they use/d it. I think there's a group too.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    I looked at the other threads. Good reading. One quote stuck:
    When I stopped taking the drug it literally felt like a truck had hit me. I curled up in a ball and slept for almost a week straight. I had to miss work it was so bad. I felt tired, depressed, general malaise for several weeks after. It took months for me to feel normal again.