How much calories for evening meal?

Options
2»

Replies

• samrichards22
    samrichards22 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the information. So does 715 per serving of a recepie I've made and done total serves 2 does that sound about right?
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    It varies greatly for me. Usually about 800 - 1100.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the information. So does 715 per serving of a recepie I've made and done total serves 2 does that sound about right?

Right for what? For the recipe? Not sure - you'd have to post it. Right for how many calories will fit into your day? That's totally up to you. It is all individual - as others have said here. Some people do IF and they eat all of their calories within a certain window of time. Some people prefer to eat larger meals earlier in the day. Some prefer to save up calories for a good sized dinner. It really just depends on what works for you.

Meal timing has no impact on weight loss, nor does the calorie distribution throughout the day. If your 715 calorie dinner fits into your allotment for the day, then it's right for you.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    My dinners average between 500 and 700 calories. I like to save a lot of calories for after-dinner (night) snacking.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

You haven't asked anyone what their calorie goal is, or stated yours so who can say whether 715 is a good number for you?
  • samrichards22
    samrichards22 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yea sorry about that I meant to post that on another thread.
  • Upstate_Dunadan
    Upstate_Dunadan Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Between dinner, evening snack, and pre-bed protein shake before bed I'm using up close to half my calories. I have a lot of calories to play with, however, so that might not work for someone who is still eating at a deficit or with a lot loss.

If your goals are to build muscle, don't forget during that 7-8 hours you are sleeping your body is repairing itself. A meal of some type with protein that your body can use overnight will help to that end. Eating late (if the calories are factored into your daily goal) will have no impact on your fat loss, and might even keep it going strong by helping your metabolism stay high.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    @samrichards22 you wrote on my wall asking how to send your recipe so someone can check to see if it is right.

I still am not sure you are understanding what we are saying. Did you use the recipe builder to create the recipe? Did you weigh all the individual ingredients and calculate how many servings it would make? Did you weigh the actual serving you ate? If so, it's probably right. If you want to take a screen shot and post it here, people may be able to tell you if you've done it correctly.

You may also find helpful info in this thread:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide/p1