Switching up my food schedule

Options
So I've decided my usual regimen of protein shakes and fruit or salad for breakfast and lunch and then a light healthy meal is NOT working for me. By 9 p.m. I'm friggin starving or wake up in the middle of the night with a growling belly. Not good! I can't simply ignore hunger pains because I will end up binging soooo, I've decided to NOT be on a diet for breakfast. I won't go over board but I WILL eat a satisfying full size breakfast and still do my shakes and light meal for lunch and dinner instead. I've been paying close attention and it seems my hunger builds up through out the day starting from breakfast time. I know that when I'm not dieting I can feel satisfied almost all day if I've had a decent breakfast. So I'm going to try this starting NOW while still keeping within my calorie allowance. What do you think? Any other suggestions?

Replies

• sbrooks0387
    sbrooks0387 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    i have found that having my "biggest" meal for breakfast works great. and dinner is my lightest meal. calorie wise lunch and breakfast are about the same, but i splurge at lunch and some of those calories are for salad dressing and cheese on my salad. breakfast is very hardy, eggs and bacon type thing (yes bacon, it fits in my cals and i have been dropping weight without a problem).
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's the shakes that aren't working for you. I know that when I try to drink my meals instead of eating something, I feel much hungrier.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Your total daily calories might not be enough. Protein shake, fruit salad, and light dinner does not sound like much. Open your diary? If I had to eat under 1,200 I would lose my mind.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Or you could eat light for breakfast and lunch then eating a fulfilling meal at dinnertime. That's what I do anyways.
  • c_pantojas
    c_pantojas Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, I know discipline is important but I think I need to trick my body into not feeling hungry so I hope by rearranging my meals I can accomplish this
  • c_pantojas
    Options
    i have found that having my "biggest" meal for breakfast works great. and dinner is my lightest meal. calorie wise lunch and breakfast are about the same, but i splurge at lunch and some of those calories are for salad dressing and cheese on my salad. breakfast is very hardy, eggs and bacon type thing (yes bacon, it fits in my cals and i have been dropping weight without a problem).

Yes I think that type of schedule will work best for me because before I could actually even skip dinner as long as I had a decent breakfast and lunch
  • c_pantojas
    Options
    Hey guys it worked! I'm still up, and I'm not hungry at all! Yay