work

Options
Am I the only one who struggles with work and bad habits? I feel like its all around me. All the junk food and chocolate

Replies

• namelesshere
    namelesshere Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Bring your lunch, make sure you pack plenty of "nibble food" and only eat what you bring and have prelogged. For Ex. if I want chocolate, I would bring a premeasured serving of semisweet chocolate chips. You can have more (nibble value) if you use minis. for a real chocolate treat, try a serving of Dove Baking Bits. I love the mint flavored ones. Sliced cucumber and apple also have nibble value. You can change those bad habits.
  • whooRAWRowlbear
    whooRAWRowlbear Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Bring your lunch, make sure you pack plenty of "nibble food" and only eat what you bring and have prelogged. For Ex. if I want chocolate, I would bring a premeasured serving of semisweet chocolate chips. You can have more (nibble value) if you use minis. for a real chocolate treat, try a serving of Dove Baking Bits. I love the mint flavored ones. Sliced cucumber and apple also have nibble value. You can change those bad habits.

This. I pack everything I eat at the office in my lunchbox for the day. I avoid the break room except early in the morning to get water for my oatmeal and check my breakfast (so before potential snacks have made their way to the office). And when we have team birthday parties, I allow myself a single, small serving of whatever it is (I usually save it and take it to my office so I don't need to grab a second).

I also find ways to fit small activities in, like making a couple of laps around the floor or even pacing around my office. This includes just stretching since I end up sitting curled up in my chair most of the day.
  • fireguy262
    fireguy262 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'll second that motion of packing the food you plan on eating. Working in EMS, and now dispatching is the worst...sedentary and always ordering food. And of course, working overnights, the only thing that's open is fast food. Definitely try packing your own lunch and sticking to it, even if everyone else orders out.
  • robinotl
    robinotl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    No, you are not the only one who struggles with this! Work is a big part of why I've put on weight. I work with people that are all about food. We have sweets around all the time. We have vending machines in our lunchroom with sweets and sodas (they DO have V-8 juice). My group of co-worker friends LOVE to order in (usually from the local Italian pizza & pasta place or Chinese food) or go out to eat. And I am a big foodie - love to eat... too much. So yes, it is CRITICAL that you pack your food you will need for the day and don't allow yourself to be persuaded not to eat it. Pack snacks that you know you will eat and that will keep you satisfied. Don't let yourself get too hungry before you eat a snack or meal or you will be tempted to eat the junk that's around the office. We had "birthday Friday" today (last Friday of every month). It was all I could do to not run into the kitchen with the majority of folks, but luckily there are a few people around me who are also watching their weight and we just have to stay out of the lunchroom. This morning when I came into work someone had left me a huge piece of dark chocolate covered toffee. I love that stuff, but I had to find out who left it for me and let that person know that I had just started a diet and due to my health concerns (high cholesterol, pre-diabetic, overweight) I had to not eat that kind of stuff. It sat on my desk all day. Will have to either throw it away of find someone to give it to who is not dieting. BE PREPARED! BRING GOOD FOOD. Like I told myself today when I wanted to run into the kitchen: time to be an adult and not give in to my child-part of my personality that wants everything. Main reason I had to not give in to temptation is that I had already used up all my calories for the day by the time I came back from lunch, so it would've blown my whole day food-wise... stay strong...
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who struggles with work and bad habits? I feel like its all around me. All the junk food and chocolate

I just fire all of the offenders. Pretty simple imo