+1 protein for breakfast experiment

Options
DKG28
DKG28 Posts: 299 Member
I was never much of a breakfast eater. Happy with my cup of joe in the morning. I've been experimenting with breakfast now that lunch may or may happen at work (or it might be late, like 3pm). So for 6 months I did the traditional bowl of cereal (plain cheerios w/milk or cashew milk). Did not tide me over...starving by 11am. I switched to having eggs for breakfast 2 weeks ago...yeah! You know, I think the protein thing is really working! Bottom line: if what you're eating is not working for you, experiment with something else! A meal doesn't have to be what the stereotypical depiction of that meal is!

Replies

• Nell8i8
    Nell8i8 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    That's great that you could tailor your diet to fit what you body tells you it needs. I like to eat high protein for breakfast as well. Either eggs or find a high protein yogurt I can mix with some sort of fruit.
  • KellieTru
    KellieTru Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I'm the same. If I have any type of cereal I'm starving two hours later. My new breakfast is 1/4 avocado mashed on a piece of rye toast with a fried egg. It's yum! And keeps me going till lunch.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Cereal is not my friend...unless it's used as a mix-in for yogurt or ice cream. I don't understand how some people can stay full from a serving of cereal. I could understand 6 servings maybe.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Cereal is a nighttime snack for me when I eat it - which isn't often.

I find that adding a couple eggs to just about anything I eat in the morning really does make a difference. I top all kinds of things with fried, poached or scrambled eggs. I'm even adding it to oatmeal now (cooking it with the oats) after seeing it suggested so many times.
  • lyannec13
    lyannec13 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I eat egg whites, breakfast turkey sausage and a sprinkle of cheese. So good. 228 calories, 32g protein, 11g fat, and 0 carbs. Then i add either an english muffin or some oatmeal to it. Keeps me pretty filled up!
  • XavierMFF
    XavierMFF Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Salut! Je suis pro footballeur! A l’aide de mon agent j’ai acheté Breakfast Pro-Sports Stack produit par Military Grade, une entreprise américaine. Cela est outil précieux pour améliorer et développer l'endurance exceptionnelle.