Loose Body Fat Urgently

Options

Replies

• amzcars
    amzcars Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Also, my polar ft7 is what I use to calculate calories...
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    amzcars wrote: »
    I don't understand how I've only had a deficit of 250? I'm pretty serious about how I weight foods etc... and also as mentioned I burn around 800kcal per day which I dont eat...

my goal is more focused on BF% and would like to reach around 15% - I measure it on the scales as well as using callipers..

Yes, unfortunately the scale doesn't lie. There's some discrepancy somewhere as i stated earlier. You're either eating more than you think you are, or you think you're burning more calories than you actually are.

If the scale you are using to track body fat percentage is using BIA (electrical current sent through your body) be advised these are highly inaccurate. In addition, the calipers are only as accurate as the person using them on you. I have seen some people screw this method up pretty well.

I think the body fat percentage you think you are may be a little high, but it's hard to say without a picture of where you are currently.

I just think at your weight you must have a pretty low amount of lean body mass to have that much body fat. If your numbers are correct it means that you have 39.5 pounds of fat and 95lbs lean body mass. To reach your desired body fat percentage you would need to be 109 pounds (assuming you don't lose any more lean body mass).

Does that seem accurate to you? You need to lose 25 pounds of fat?
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    What kind of contest is this? What is the deadline? Where did this program come from? What is your height and goal weight?
  • DonaldBlinks
    DonaldBlinks Posts: 55 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    So you weigh everything you eat on a scale in grams and log it using accurate entries? Because when you wrote out your meals in your OP you said things like "1 cup of melon" and "5 veggies (small portions)". Those are not accurate measurements so if that's what your food log looks like, you need to tighten it up
  • rainbowbow
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Yes I weight everything on the scales and record on here... I'm very careful with my intake as I am pretty serious about this. I eat very clean too, and spike my metabolism with a cheatmeal per 2-3 weeks.

In terms of BF% I guess it could be lower than 29% however, I have used the same method each time, so either way the % lost is still 2%...

AHA! Here is just one of the places you could be causing yourself problems

FYI- you may be very well undoing all of your hard work during the week by eating those cheat meals. There is no way to "spike" your metabolism. Your body loses weight based on how you eat over a long period of time.

Let's say you are eating a calorie deficit of 500 calories per day. That's 3,500 per week or 1 pound per week of weight loss. Let's say you eat an extra 1,000 calories or even 1,500 calories on that cheat day. Guess what? You just undid half a pound of work a week you've been working on in just one day.
  • amzcars
    Options
    I would actually like to increase muscle, which I naturally have no problem with, its just getting rid of the fat. My thighs, hips and glutes are where I store all my fat. Also, I think its important to include that my intake goals are:
    Protein: 154g
    carbs: 119g
    fat:31g

and I seem to be hitting it quite well daily...
  • rainbowbow
    Options
    Also, my polar ft7 is what I use to calculate calories...

FYI- These are only accurate for steady state cardio.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I am a 24 year old female, 5ft 2 at 29% BF. I would like to drop BF% to around 15% before I set myself to enter a contest. I have been eating clean and training hard and heavy for around two months but do not seem to get much progress... I am pretty active, and although I have a high BF, I find myself to be quite fit (not looks wise, health wise!) I carry a lot of weight on my arms, hips and thighs... Waist is 28" and hips 43"..

Workouts consist of the following.

Monday 6:30am
    Bicep, Tricep 6 exercises for 12-15reps & 3/4 sets & Ab workout

Monday 4:30pm
    HIIT body weight for around 45 mins

Tuesday 6:30am
    Hamstrings, Quadriceps, Calves & Glutes 12 exercises for 12reps & 3/4 sets & Ab workout

Tuesday 4:30pm
    HIIT body weight for around 45 mins.

Wednesday 6:30am
    Chest, Back & Shoulders 8 exercises for 12-15reps & 3/4 sets

Wednesday 4:30pm

Thursday 6:30am
    Shoulders & Arms 8 exercises SUPERSETS for 12 reps * 2sets & Ab workout

Thursday 4:30pm
    Stretching exercises for around 35mins.

Friday 6:30am
    Hamstrings, Quadriceps, Calves & Glutes 10 exercises for 12reps & 3/4 sets & Ab workout

Friday 4:30pm

Saturday midday
    HIIT body weight for around 45mins.

HIIT sessions are pretty tough, with around 180secs work and 30 secs rest and include a lot of plyos.

Diet is pretty clean, I tend to have a cheat meal every 2-3 weeks, depending on how I feel, but even then it tends to be home made, healthy etc...

Meal 1 (post workout)
    Protein Shake made with almond milk (sometimes add a banana)

Meal 2
    Bacon Medallions, Mushroom & Poached eggs (no oil)

Meal 3
    1 cup of melon and 25g nuts

Meal 4
    Chicken/Turkey/Tuna/Avocado & Tuna/ Salad (made with lemon juice for dressing)

Meal 5 (post workout)
    Protein Shake made with water.

Meal 6
    Chicken with 5 different veg (small poritons) and 50g of brown rice

Meal 7
    Rice cake with organic peanut/almond butter

I don't always have the same thing, but its pretty much the same nutrient value... I cook everything fresh and if I ever cook anything in oil its always a touch of avocado oil... I usually have an intake of around 1200-1300kcal and have 45% protein, 35% carbs and 20% fat (all healthy fats)...

Also, important to mention that I always have a black coffee preworkout - I use fishoils, multi vitamins and bcaa's and drink around 3 litres of water per day.

Can you please help!

The issue is that you are in a rush and you are expecting constant progress. Slow and steady wins the race!

Try taking pictures weekly on your weigh in day, you wont notice a difference until you look back. I don't change anything in my plan until I plateau for 4 weeks straight ... that's a plateau not 1 week not even 2 weeks...
  • rainbowbow
    Options
    So, as stated that's probably your issue. You are eating more than you think (maybe a little here and there daily but also those cheat meals) and you are burning less than you think (because the HRM is not accurate for the activity you are performing, only steady state cardio like running or jogging).
  • amzcars
    Options
    Again, I control my cheat meal and it is usualy still home-made and around 700kcal, but I usually don't eat as much during the day if I know I'm going to be cheating... Also, in terms of "hard work" it is quite hard, my HR reached around 180 and I'm dying after each workout!
  • rainbowbow
    Options
    Again, I control my cheat meal and it is usualy still home-made and around 700kcal, but I usually don't eat as much during the day if I know I'm going to be cheating... Also, in terms of "hard work" it is quite hard, my HR reached around 180 and I'm dying after each workout!

You seem to be giving every reason in the book that you are doing everything RIGHT, but refuse to accept that you could be doing anything WRONG.

What answer are you looking for on dropping this body fat? You obviously can't be doing everything right or you wouldn't be experiencing this problem, right?
  • amzcars
    Options
    Thats correct yes most definitely... I am definitely doing something wrong, I agree with that, but I do not think that it is calorie counting that is going wrong... and can 1 cheat meal of around 700kcals (keep in mind that I cut back on what I have that day because of this) per 3 weeks have that impact? I mean if I wasnt loosing BF% because I did it weekly then I get it.. but not every 3 weeks..
  • hopeandtheabsurd
    hopeandtheabsurd Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Perhaps if you open your diary people could spot something that might help? I am having a hard time seeing how you are getting 154g of protein in 1200 calories from the meals you listed, I wonder if some of the database entries you are using are incorrect.
  • LKArgh
    Options
    No you one cheat meal is not the problem.
    Your goals, training method combined with expectations, your method of counting exercise calories, and probably your logging, these are the problem.
  • LKArgh
    Options
    Perhaps if you open your diary people could spot something that might help? I am having a hard time seeing how you are getting 154g of protein in 1200 calories from the meals you listed, I wonder if some of the database entries you are using are incorrect.

Hmm, since chicken seems to be the basic protein source, 150 grams of protein would mean 500 grams of chicken or so per day. Or something like 800 calories out of the 1200 coming daily from chicken. Interesting...
  • DonaldBlinks
    DonaldBlinks Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    this is coming to mind for me:

acaloriecounter.com/blog/why-am-i-not-losing-weight/

read it, internalize it
  • amzcars
    Options
    My main protein intake comes from protein shakes - I have around 2-3 per day, 1 with unsweetned almond milk and others with water. I also eat a lot of chicken and turkey as well as some fish here and there..
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Could you open up your diary so that we can see what you're eating and your measurements? When you log, are you looking for entries such as those from the USDA or the ones that match food packages that you have in your hand?

What kind of competition are you trying to enter?

• rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    For what its worth, I use the Aria scale by Fit Bit and it measures body fat %. I can't tell you how accurate the % number is but when I got down to 15% I had completely lost my beer gut now back at 22% it is showing again.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Eat more
    Really
    You should be netting (after burned calories) from 1200-1500 for your body to know it's okay to let go of the excess fat stores its hanging onto.