The calorie counter

Options
Does anyone know if when you enter a food item, such as a certain subway sandwich for example. Does it account for the cheese, and veggies in what calories it says it has also? Or just the bread and meat? I hope I don't have to add every little thing individually.

Replies

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    It depends on the entry. Usually it will say. Like I log a 6" ham on white, and the listing says just that. Then I log the cheese. But users create their own entries, so there are multiple options to choose from.

The Subway site does have where you can calculate your calories for the sandwich and you can compare that to the MFP entry.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    It depends on the entry. Usually it will say. Like I log a 6" ham on white, and the listing says just that. Then I log the cheese. But users create their own entries, so there are multiple options to choose from.

The Subway site does have where you can calculate your calories for the sandwich and you can compare that to the MFP entry.

Yes, many fast food places have very helpful websites to help you figure things out.
  • tahxirez
    tahxirez Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    It all depends on how accurate you want to be. I choose to log each item individually because it fits with my goals. I want to be as accurate as possible in my logging. If you are okay with getting close just choose the option that has the closest amount of toppings that you ate.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,033 Member
    Options
    I believe the subway site is the sandwich with vegetables but not cheese or condiments so I add those separately. I would rather add them even if they are included than leave them out.
  • vczK2t
    vczK2t Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    It all depends on how accurate you want to be. I choose to log each item individually because it fits with my goals. I want to be as accurate as possible in my logging. If you are okay with getting close just choose the option that has the closest amount of toppings that you ate.

Someday i will be like this. but right now, since i am not really paying attention to calories, only what i am eating, when and why, i am logging food to have a record of it.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    If the sandwich varies depending on what you put on it you can create your own item (but don't make it public). I have done that for my normal order from a sandwich place here (Potbelly's), as well as Chipotle.
  • nicholerein
    nicholerein Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Ok I added the condiments and cheese, but not the veggies. I'm assuming they don't amount to much anyhow, but I'll look it up later. Thanks!