Motivation needed!

Options
Hi all! I have tried this app multiple times and I always quit after the first few weeks. I feel as if my weight is really starting to get out of control, therefore I need as much support as I can get! It would be much appreciated! Anyone else having motivation issues? Suggestions on how to overcome it?

Replies

• danakiran4
    danakiran4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Having people to do it with you is sooooo key!! I have also tried numerous times and have fallen off. This time I'm actively communicating and working out with friends/family who are all on this app and have a Fitbit (counting daily steps) and we are all doing great! It's so hard to do it alone. The more people you have in your corner, the better! I'm always looking for people to be in my corner or to support them in theirs!
  • SabrinaBergman
    SabrinaBergman Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Having people is definitely help. I've also found ways to make it a lifestyle changes and to not make it feel like I'm missing out. Some days are going to be harder than others but making healthy decisions doesn't have to mean missing out on what everyone else is doing. Find healthy alternatives and small steps. When I first started going to the gym I started with an hour and four miles but quickly burned out. Finding a better workout for me helped keep me going to the gym and making progress.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options
    Remember, motivation gets you started, habits keep you going. So, start small. Ask yourself, what is the first habit you want to develop? Focus on that and do it. Then add another and another. Don't overwhelm yourself with huge changes. Small changes lead to bigger ones. Congratulate yourself on your successes and let the snowball effect work to your advantage.
  • GsKiki
    GsKiki Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I will share with you one of my favourite quotes:
    xdv07cej8q3w.jpg

You need to find in your self a strong motivator. People can help you and pick you up when you fall, but you need to be determined to start and keep going!
    Also, feel free to add me or message me if you need help, tips or support :) and good luck!
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    For me i always find that the hardest thing to do is just start.....something...anything. I fight myself so hard for something I really do deep down want..which just seems so messed up. Once I start...I'm usually ok...until i stop...vicious cycle.

Just start. however if your like me....if I want to start...i also want to know with relative certainty that what i'm doing will get my desired results...hence..logging food.

Look up how to determine your calorie needs per day for a reasonable weight loss for your age, body and lifestyle of no more than 2lbs a week. to me thats step one. step two...just start logging and MFP has that covered..all you need to do is use it. as others have said...don't get overwhelmed...just two steps could getting you moving.

wishing you the motivation and the best.
  • escotech2883
    escotech2883 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I really need the motivation too very bad
    Anyone can add me im Marc from NY