words of encouragement

Options
Hi. I'm looking for some words of encouragement as I am eating 1200 calories a day and exercising daily, including an hour on the elliptical daily. In the past few days I've not seen the scale budge but then today I gained weight. :( I'm feeling down and ready to binge but won't let myself and so I am feeling depressed. Can I get some words of encouragement to help me stick through it. Any tips appreciated too. Thank you

Replies

• amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    You can do it and you are worth it! I have no idea what your goals are but 1200 seems a bit low to me....
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    It's NORMAL for weight to fluctuate up and down every day. It's just the way or bodies process stuff, plus water weight etc. you need to trend your weight monthly and learn to accept daily variations. I weigh daily, log in Happy Scale app and look at my 30-90 day progress when I feel like nothing is happening. I'm always wrong! It's certainly no reason to binge. That will ensure you don't lose at the rate you want to.
  • dkozey
    dkozey Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you both! I stuck through it and am making progress again. My Dr. approved the 1200 for me, I have a long way to go for losing lbs, but otherwise I'm healthy and I see my dr. regularly for mental wellness, so she is also able to monitor me for weight loss regularly. I appreciate the support. Even though I know these things take time, when I'm feelung down I spiral lower so just a friendly you can do it made all the difference! I hope you are both doing well!
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Try not to weigh yourself daily..Maybe every other day or every 2-3 days? Me personally, I used to weigh everyday and I got to a point where I couldn't fall asleep because I was thinking about the number I would see on the scale when I woke up the next morning.

Here are some things I have written in my journal to help encourage myself (I am not the original author of these quotes):

The months are going to pass by whether you make the right choices or not, so make the best of it.
    Food is just a means to satisfy your stomach for a few hours.
    If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude.
    I have complete control of my destination and the path I choose to get there.

Hope this helps anybody.
  • tristramtrent
    tristramtrent Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I find sometimes the scale goes up a little just before it makes a noticeable step down over the next couple of days. The general trend is down, so I can live with that! Although I do sometimes mutter when I see it go up...
  • dkozey
    Options
    I like the idea of Inspirational quotes. I'll check out Pinterest and wrie the ones down that speak to me. I will try to look at them when I'm feeling defeated to help self motivate. That is my biggest downfall, self doubt. I'm down almost 24 pounds in all. Hoping to keep momentum going!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    There is an app called Happy Scale where you can log your weight (if you're going to weigh every day). It will chart your weight loss and you will be able to see the downward trend, even if you have one spike day.

If you are doing the correct thing, you are going to eventually get the correct result. Don't let the little blips knock you off course. That being said, make sure you are being totally honest with yourself and doing the correct things.
  • dkozey
    Options
    :)
  • DEB6BERREY
    DEB6BERREY Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it doesn't have anything to do with food. Make sure you get good sleep and drink tons of water.
    I purchased a Garmin Vivofit HR that tracks my sleep and I have noticed a trend that if I get 3 hours or less of deep sleep, the scale will not move.
  • stmokomoko
    stmokomoko Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I like a lot of the motivational posts on the Controlled Labs facebook. The one I just saw was:

"Giving up on your goal because of one setback is like slashing your other three tyres because you got one flat".

:D Keep at it!
  • perfectly_unique
    Options
    Great job!
    My only work of encouragement you may not like.. But you mention the scale hasn't moved. There is multiple reason a scale doesn't move and while we can count the reasons unless it has been 2 months since it hasn't moved I would say you are building muscle or loosing inches which is just as good as weight loss. You need to be building muscle. Stay focused on your eating right and stay moving and it will all play together. Change up your routine every now and again as well so that your body doesn't get used to the same things same meals same workout etc... It needs change.