Weight loss tips needed! Am I doing ok?

Options
almas512
almas512 Posts: 17 Member
edited January 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
I am about 132 pounds, 5'3", 18 years old (almost 19 in a month). My BFP is 23. I'm not overweight but I used to be 120 and it looked great on me. I am working out 5 days a week 30 mins cardio (interval stuff sometimes) and then 30 mins strength/core exercises all in an hour back to back (a 3 min break in between both). I eat about 1500-1600 cals a day and I am higher on fats and proteins although some days I'll eat more and healthy carbs if I'm feeling tired. I love all food so this diet is actually enjoyable because I also just feel healthier. I also live at university so I walk 10k-13k steps a day. My first goal is to get to 125 by mid March. Is this all realistic?

Replies

• tasaiar1
    tasaiar1 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Yes very realistic. I understand you want to lose around 7lb in around 6weeks?

That's a very healthy weight loss, because it's considered healthy to lose up to 2.2lb (1kg) a week.
    If you can keep up all the excersize then well done, but some people like myself prefer to start off with something little so I can build my way up rather than losing motivation half way.

I would start with 30 mins 3 times a week then increase it. I can imagine you'd be busy with uni too?
  • almas512
    almas512 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Actually I started last month and I was 135, and did light stuff like u said. So now I'm going harder. And yes but I can deal with Uni stuff and still work out.