I'm new. How do I make friends?

Options
jpswfe
jpswfe Posts: 40 Member
Hi. I'm new to MFP. I'd like to make some friends. I thought if I enjoyed a person's post that I'd be able to click on their user name and send a friend request. I see it isn't that easy. Am I missing something? Do I need to write down their user name & then send a friend request from somewhere else? Please help.

Replies

• RavinJM
    RavinJM Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello, welcome to MFP, glad to have you!
    Just a suggestion, you could try filling out your profile and adding a picture. Most here are open to new friends, no matter what they look like or where they are at in their fitness journey.
    I know when I get a friends request from someone who hasn't taken the time to do the above I ignore or decline.
  • sbensidney
    sbensidney Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    jpswfe wrote: »
    Hi. I'm new to MFP. I'd like to make some friends. I thought if I enjoyed a person's post that I'd be able to click on their user name and send a friend request. I see it isn't that easy. Am I missing something? Do I need to write down their user name & then send a friend request from somewhere else? Please help.

Clicking on the user name brings up a box. If you click on the user name in the box it will take you to their profile and you can make a friend request there.
  • jpswfe
    Options
    Thanks! I'll check it out.
  • jpswfe
    Options
    RavinJM wrote: »
    Hello, welcome to MFP, glad to have you!
    Just a suggestion, you could try filling out your profile and adding a picture. Most here are open to new friends, no matter what they look like or where they are at in their fitness journey.
    I know when I get a friends request from someone who hasn't taken the time to do the above I ignore or decline.

Hi. I did just add a photo but it isn't showing up in my posts. I only see it in my own profile section. I like this app so far but it certainly isn't as user friendly as Facebook. Haha!
  • wdunnett1
    wdunnett1 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    By adding me! Lol
  • teeking2
    teeking2 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    And me !!
  • aldis_olof
    aldis_olof Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Can add me ;)
  • a4chase1
    a4chase1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You can add me as well.
  • FiNnY22
    FiNnY22 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    you can add me and ill try and post some positive things for you, and like your updates...everybody likes a like :)
  • hoochiehoops
    hoochiehoops Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    And you can add me, too : )
  • bomb_887
    bomb_887 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi all add me