Calculating macros - probably super stupid questions

Options
Hello.

English isn't my first language, so I might just be misinterpreting.

I'm trying to get a more accurate number to use as a calorie limit per day. I've tried different websites, but I always get stuck at the part where it asks for my lifestyle/level of activity.

Using https://tdeecalculator.net/ - my choices are 'sedentary (office job)', light ( 1-2 day/week exercise), moderate (3-5 day/week), heavy and athlete.

But I'm an office worker that exercises 3 times a week. So I'm sedentary but also moderate. I don't want to pick moderate because that might give me more calories than I need. But I'm also not completely sedentary.

And on http://www.iifym.com/iifym-calculator/, it asks me how many times a day I exercise, so I pick 3. But then it asks how many minutes per day - does this mean on the days I exercise? Because like I said, I only exercise 3 times a week. What do I put here?

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    You are making it too complicated by using all the different sites. Use my fitness pal. Choose "sedentary". Then add exercise calories on the days you exercise- eg add 200 calories for running 20 mins. That should work well.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I am the same - sedentary job, go to the gym 4 times a week. I picked "lightly active." It seems to be working.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    You are making it too complicated by using all the different sites. Use my fitness pal. Choose "sedentary". Then add exercise calories on the days you exercise- eg add 200 calories for running 20 mins. That should work well.

This.
  • louvig
    louvig Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    If you are exercising three times a week then you are not sedentary. I would select light or moderate on those sites. "How many minutes per day" is asking how long you exercise each day separately not in total.
  • MikeAV8s
    MikeAV8s Posts: 85 Member
    Options

This x 1000
  • ArmorForFitness
    ArmorForFitness Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone that said add exercise calories! You should be fine like that. But if you find you don't have enough energy, you may not be getting enough calories. Or if you find yourself gaining weight, you may be consuming too many calories. Hope this help!