Help! How often do you weigh yourself and why?

Options
2»

Replies

• Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    It's a constant struggle between my love of data, and my anxiety from daily fluctuations. I weigh myself once a week right now but for the month of February I'm going to weigh myself every day so I can get a cool looking graph.
    I've even considered weighing myself everyday and making my husband log it so I don't have to look and still have that cool graph.
  • DaniellaaLouise
    DaniellaaLouise Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    It's a constant struggle between my love of data, and my anxiety from daily fluctuations. I weigh myself once a week right now but for the month of February I'm going to weigh myself every day so I can get a cool looking graph.
    I've even considered weighing myself everyday and making my husband log it so I don't have to look and still have that cool graph.

I feel exactly the same! I'm thinking of starting one of the graphs, just to see that no matter how much the weight fluctuates throughout the month, the line is still going down! Good luck :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    clobern80 wrote: »
    Saturday morning, after I wake and use the restroom, completely naked. I weigh twice to make sure it gives me the same result. That's the only time I touch the scale. The only way to test how accurate it is, is to weigh things that you know the exact weight for on it and see if it is right. As long as it isn't a clunker, it should not matter whether it is mechanical or digital.

What do you mean "...my digital scales seem to be telling me I'm the wrong weight"?

If I weigh myself 3 times in a row or something I can be three different weights, also I moved my scale slightly (just to a different part of my bathroom floor) and my weight changed by 5lbs! They're relatively new and weren't cheap so I can't understand it

You need to step away from the scale. You need to understand that body weight isn't a static figure...nobody weighs exactly XXX Lbs. You need to understand that weight loss and weight management in general is about trends over time, not weigh in to weigh in.

If you don't/can't understand any of that, you're going to have a *kitten* of a time.

Thank you for your ever so polite comment :) the point I'm trying to establish is whether or not my scales are working correctly, not whether I have an issue with weighing myself too much. I had a suspicion that they weren't showing my weight correctly, so I decided to weigh myself a couple of times in a row, and what do you know? 3 different weights. I just wanted to know if this had happened to anyone else or it was just my scales.

again...body weight isn't a static number...you, and nobody else weighs exactly XXX Lbs...so yes...normal.

heat, humidity, etc are all going to impact what you see on the scale as well...and yeah, if you move it around it's going to effect it too...all normal.