Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

What do you do for a living?

Options

Replies

• Muzak1
    Muzak1 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Please teach my wife
  • JeffreyMGiron
    JeffreyMGiron Posts: 3,582 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    I go shopping, hang out at the club, I bake and cook too and make sure the wine rack and beer fridge are always full

where can i find a wife like yourself?
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Should I give lessons on being a lady of leisure?

Omg then that's what I would do for a.living
  • Negative_X
    Negative_X Posts: 296 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Railroad Freight Conductor/Engineer and I also run a IT business on the side.
  • Khovde07
    Khovde07 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    My full-time job, the one that I consider my "real" job is an Environmental Consultant and Hazmat Responder. Anytime some sort of hazardous material is released in a train derailment, truck accident, industrial spill, terrorist act, etc. etc. I go and respond to contain and clean up the hazmat. I get to handle all kinds of crazy stuff and do lots of fun training.

Then I work casually as an EMT at the local ambulance service and bartend occasionally when I want to have some fun.
  • synchkat
    Options
    Khovde07 wrote: »
    My full-time job, the one that I consider my "real" job is an Environmental Consultant and Hazmat Responder. Anytime some sort of hazardous material is released in a train derailment, truck accident, industrial spill, terrorist act, etc. etc. I go and respond to contain and clean up the hazmat. I get to handle all kinds of crazy stuff and do lots of fun training.

Then I work casually as an EMT at the local ambulance service and bartend occasionally when I want to have some fun.

holy crap...do you sleep? have any free time?
  • kchuskey
    kchuskey Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I work at Denny's out on 97th. Well...By work, I mean I wash their windows.
  • Khovde07
    Khovde07 Posts: 508 Member
    Options

I don't understand the question... Sleep? Free-time? What are those things?

Haha! Yes I do get to have both. Since I've had shoulder surgery my work as an EMT is pretty much limited to teaching which is only every Tuesday and Thursday evening during the school year. Bartending is pretty sporadic. I basically just get called in when they need me or when there's an event like a wedding or comedy show.

It does make getting to the gym and making healthy food choices difficult, though. Especially when I have to travel so much for my real job. Mostly to the middle of nowhere that only has a gas station and a greasy spoon diner for food options.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,255 Member
    Options
    IT Project Management (full time), soccer and baseball coach (part time).
  • synchkat
    Options

I don't understand the question... Sleep? Free-time? What are those things?

Haha! Yes I do get to have both. Since I've had shoulder surgery my work as an EMT is pretty much limited to teaching which is only every Tuesday and Thursday evening during the school year. Bartending is pretty sporadic. I basically just get called in when they need me or when there's an event like a wedding or comedy show.

It does make getting to the gym and making healthy food choices difficult, though. Especially when I have to travel so much for my real job. Mostly to the middle of nowhere that only has a gas station and a greasy spoon diner for food options.

The bartending would be fun and great money I bet. I always wanted to do a bartending course. And the EMT I bet it's something that's just good to keep your hand in, so to speak. I used to teach figure skating and find nowadays when I have to teach people it's really hard figuring out how to do that you lose skills so quickly.
  • Rax1974
    Rax1974 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    @synchkat I have the same problem with marriage counseling since my divorce
  • suzreen
    suzreen Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    I'm mostly just taken what they're given, and worken for a liven!
  • hazman81
    hazman81 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Nucor steel shipping
  • tomy2tone01
    tomy2tone01 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    College Student and I work at Target. Wife is the bread winner. For now!!!!
  • suzreen
    Options
    Well, mostly I just use my mind, but I never get the credit. It's enough to drive you crazy if you let it!
  • ldyleski
    ldyleski Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Scientist
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    currently a nursery nurse as we'd say over here, i think everywhere else it's called daycare/ kindergarten. so i get to play, a lot. build lego, debate superheroes. not a bad thing to be paid for. :smile:
  • RobDowney
    RobDowney Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Software quality manager
  • suzreen
    Options
    Well, actually, I left a good job in the city --- working for the man every night and day. Now I've just been hitching a ride on a river boat.