I'm stupid

Options
Took me a year to get to ideal weight of 126lbs. Eating healthy, exercise, ...what's happened to me I now eat everything I want when I want it and have absolutely NO self control. ......everytime anyone comments on my weight loss I just want to eat. It's totally got a grip of me. Any comments whether positive or negative welcome. Thanks

Replies

• jacklifts
    jacklifts Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    try meditation
  • coachfeliciad
    coachfeliciad Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    dawniemate wrote: »
    Took me a year to get to ideal weight of 126lbs. Eating healthy, exercise, ...what's happened to me I now eat everything I want when I want it and have absolutely NO self control. ......everytime anyone comments on my weight loss I just want to eat. It's totally got a grip of me. Any comments whether positive or negative welcome. Thanks

Sounds like you've got some sort of negative mindset when it comes to your weight loss. Kudos for reaching your goal but if your trigger is people commenting on that loss, there's something there from your journey you're not or haven't been addressing. I'll send you a friend request :)
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your self-awareness, at least!

Did you deprive yourself too much while losing, and that's why you're playing catch-up?

• c_pantojas
    c_pantojas Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I would often do this also. Like I was rewarding myself for my weight loss with food!! Therefore I was always trapped in a endless yo yo diet. Try buying yourself a new piece of clothing everytime you get a compliment
  • dawniemate
    dawniemate Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your advice guys much appreciated :wink:
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Maintenance is hard. Trust yourself to get through this. <3
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    First, don't call yourself stupid. You are amazing and strong, just look at what you accomplished. It may help to talk to some sort of mental health professional because you've gone through a huge change. most insurances cover something like this. Good luck and continued success in your journey.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    You have worked long and hard to accomplish what so many people here and everwhere are aiming for - a successful approach to losing weight that got you to goal!! Dont you realize how great that is?! People are recognizing your success and you seem to not be able to accept it - you DESERVE the comments! Be gracious and say thank you and remember how hard the work was and how miserable you were when you started and how wonderful you feel now and enjoy the spotlight!! Good luck!
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    You are just normal. The biggest problem for people isn't normally losing the weight, even though it's hard enough, but adjusting to the maintenance mindset. This is why almost everyone, over 90% by some studies, gains the weight back within two years. You had a goal and now you are floating and that's a dangerous place to be if you don't want to regain. The best advice is to set maintenance goals and stick to them, many people find taking up a sport or just training for a purpose is useful since you now have fitness goals to aim for.

Good luck going forward.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    Good advice already given. I agree that it could be 1) the urge to eat when complimented stems from something deeper; 2) some people are uncomfortable with any kind of compliment so learning to graciously accept a compliment is important; and/or 3) the transition to maintenance is difficult but isn't generally addressed until you get there. You're not "done"; you're just ready for a new plan and a new set of goals.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    That's not stupidity.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    dawniemate wrote: »

Sounds like you've got some sort of negative mindset when it comes to your weight loss. Kudos for reaching your goal but if your trigger is people commenting on that loss, there's something there from your journey you're not or haven't been addressing. I'll send you a friend request :)

That.
    Happened to me some years back when I had lost a lot of weight and my neighbor told me I was skinny (which I was not). It messed my head up and I sabotaged myself and gained back everything I lost and more.
    I am not sure what I was afraid of, maybe the attention, but now when people comment or compliment me on my weight loss I just say thank you and don't dwell on any negative.