BOOZE

Options
2»

Replies

• Howl2013
    Howl2013 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting but I did have to cut back. Only weekends and only a couple and I've switched to lower calorie lower carb. (I miss my craft beer) More than that and it shows in my weekly weigh ins. I only get 1200 calories from MFP. It was probably the biggest contributor to my weight gain to begin with.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    As others have noted, I can usually figure out how to allocate calories for alcohol if I want it (and I do enjoy a nice craft beer, a snifter of brandy, or a glass of wine). So that's not really the issue. It's more about the willpower, or lack thereof. Even after a couple of drinks, I'm much more likely to mindlessly snack and regret it later.

Exactly! This, too.
    Howl2013 wrote: »
    I'm just starting but I did have to cut back. Only weekends and only a couple and I've switched to lower calorie lower carb. (I miss my craft beer) More than that and it shows in my weekly weigh ins. I only get 1200 calories from MFP. It was probably the biggest contributor to my weight gain to begin with.
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    I am an alcoholic trying to quit and I consume roughly 1200 calories a night just from drinking. I didn't consider it to be a problem until I started logging everything so I have been trying to taper myself off.

Your post made me cry. I appreciate your honesty. Well I wouldn't admit it to many people, I feel comfortable in here because of the anonymity. I had/have a very serious problem with my relationship as it relates to alcohol. I decided to participate in dry January and have successfully not had a drink since January 4. For me, this is huge. It used to frighten me to think I needed to go 24 hours without having a drink. It's a cliché, but if I can do it, anybody can. Please feel free to reach out to me with a friend request and I will support you in anyway possible.

• jmgj27
    jmgj27 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say I was an alcoholic but certainly drinking way more than I should and it definitely was a major contributor to my weight gain. I've gone completely dry for now and eventually would like to be able to have 1-2 drinks once or twice a week. From previous experience though I know that I simply don't lose weight whilst drinking any amount at all (although I can maintain). Don't know why but it doesn't work for me!
  • MajesticBlondee25
    MajesticBlondee25 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    If you can cut alcohol completely even for one month I think you will find you will be much better in the long run.. If you cannot give up alcohol for such a short amount of time even knowing the huge benefits then you may want to consider if you have a problem ..