Lost lbs but not inches?

Options
I have lost 11 lbs so far (yay!). I measured myself for the second time since I started losing weight. The only place I have lost inches is 1/2" off my thighs. While I am happy about losing the lbs I REALLY want to lose off my stomach and face. I know you lose fat where you lose it and you cannot target it, but it was a little discouraging this morning. I am still going to celebrate in my lbs lost though. It had to have went somewhere, right? lol

Replies

• chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    How long has it been? I get my tape measure out every 3-4 weeks.
  • qpmomma1
    qpmomma1 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    It's been 4 weeks since I measured myself last. I want to do it at the end of every month.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Give it time. It'll catch up. :)
  • qpmomma1
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    Give it time. It'll catch up. :)

:smile:
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Do you notice changes in how your clothes fit? The inches are just coming off in places you are not measuring. ;) Don't worry to much about it since your scale number is going down. I don't usually see measurement changes until I lose about 10 pounds. But I can visibly see changes in the shape of my body and the fit of my clothes is changing all the time. This process is long and sometimes tedious. The more different tools you use for seeing the changes the less it will bother you when some numbers don't seem to be moving.
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    You should be proud of yourself!!! Are you exercising too?
  • upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it is hard to measure yourself too. It will all come
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    keep in mind that you lose weight from every part of your body to include, neck, arms, feet, legs, etc... and since genetics determine where you lose weight first, it's possible you lost from places you didn't measure.

Personally, I would limit measuring to once a quarter.
  • qpmomma1
    Options
    Thanks for the words of advice and the support! I'll keep at it. I may measure myself less to stop stressing myself out. :)
  • stormyview
    stormyview Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I had this same experience. I was stuck in my starting size 10s for about 25 pounds, and I swear they fit the same for about the first 20. I searched like crazy and couldn't find anything on mfp about it. All I found were a bunch of posts complaining they'd lost inches not pounds. I just keep going and eventually it started to show. I lost just under 50 pounds, and dropped five sizes, so once it started showing up in inches and sizes lost, it really showed up.

Just keep going. If you're dropping pounds, you're losing weight, and if you keep on, it will show up.
  • qpmomma1
    Options
    stormyview wrote: »
    I had this same experience. I was stuck in my starting size 10s for about 25 pounds, and I swear they fit the same for about the first 20. I searched like crazy and couldn't find anything on mfp about it. All I found were a bunch of posts complaining they'd lost inches not pounds. I just keep going and eventually it started to show. I lost just under 50 pounds, and dropped five sizes, so once it started showing up in inches and sizes lost, it really showed up.

Just keep going. If you're dropping pounds, you're losing weight, and if you keep on, it will show up.

Thanks for the reply! This makes me feel better! lol
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I had to lose 50 lbs before I lost any inches or could wear a smaller size - and even then it's not consistent. I must be losing inches somewhere but not where it matters for me! But patience and persistence and eventually those other places will run out of fat to lose and it will come off where I want.