Ft. Lauderdal Work out buddy needed- Mine is slacking!

Options
So I started working out with this girl from my job about 3 months ago when I started MFP. She was
SO motivated in the beginning and her motivation has just gotten less and less until we finally got to the
point last night where she text me and told me she couldn’t meet me at the gym in the morning
(AGAIN) because she had to do her hair. HUH???? I thought she was kidding at first. I will be
honest and say that I got very mad at first. I really had to calm myself down and realize that I can’t
control anyone’s decisions but my own. Yes I can work out alone and I have been a lot lately since
she seems to cancel on me all the time but I would love to meet some people in my area (Ft.
Lauderdale) that are motivated to work out and also looking for a buddy. Hit me up if that’s you.

Alesha

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :noway: AM NOT!!!!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    So sorry I wasnt closer to you girl....I would surely hook up and work out with ya....but I am all the way up in West Palm beach

You can do this by yourself girl.....

I trained myself not to need anyone to workout with....because when thay cancel, it used to piss me off.....so if they cancel now, its like whatever, its all about me

Do it girl....you need noone but you
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    But it is so much faster or seems so when you have a nice chatty buddy to get you through!

After what I went thru last week I am more determined than ever to get back in there and make more changes!
  • sweetrevenge
    sweetrevenge Posts: 188
    Options
    But it is so much faster or seems so when you have a nice chatty buddy to get you through!

After what I went thru last week I am more determined than ever to get back in there and make more changes!

And I so can't wait for you to come back!!! I had a great time working out with you. And your right, it's so much nicer with a chat buddy but I do need to get in the habit of going alone (which this week I have been) so that when I get canceled on I can still go.

I miss you Jeannie:flowerforyou:
  • sweetrevenge
    sweetrevenge Posts: 188
    Options

LOL!!! Not you silly. You have a VERY valid reason.
  • arewethereyet
    Options

LOL!!! Not you silly. You have a VERY valid reason.

LOL...

Bumping for my friend!!
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,117 Member
    Options
    I live very close to Ft. Lauderdale :flowerforyou: However, my schedule is probably too early for you. I work from 7am - 3pm.

What time do you workout? Where do you workout? What do you like to do (classes, free weights, etc.)?

I've worked out by myself since I started this journey( my MP3 has been my partner :wink: ). I'm now all about gaining muscle, but dislike weight-training unless I have a partner :wink: I have a membership at 24Hour Fitness.

Just an idea, whenever you connect with a partner always plan to meet at the gym at a certain hour... Don't confirm, just be there. If they don't show, YOU are already there might as well Work it Out.... This is what would happen to me when I had a "personal trainer" using that title loosely. He stood me up a few times, but being that I didn't know till I got there, I still got my workout in.

Anyhoo. Let me know :flowerforyou:

BTW - Arewethereyet do you live in Fort Lauderdale?
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Yes I do...North Andrews Gardens for 45 year!

Where are you?
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,117 Member
    Options

Where are you?

Wow 45 years! I live in Tamarac and work in Ft Lauderdale... been in So. Fla. for 15 years :)
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Where are you?

Wow 45 years! I live in Tamarac and work in Ft Lauderdale... been in So. Fla. for 15 years :)

Crazy! We probably sat at Uni and Commerical next to each other! LOL