NEED ENCOURAGEMENT

Options
Have lost my willpower and need encouragement. Started today but half hearted

Replies

• dnunny70
    dnunny70 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Hi! We all start somewhere. This past week, I didn't do that great with exercise or even eating. I didn't let that stop me. Each day...sometimes each hour is a struggle.

My schedule is off due to me being off this summer. I know that it is easier for me to make meals, time for exercise--my test will be when I go back to work (which can be stressful if I let it)

Take one step, day, hour, minute at a time!

Look in the mirror---are you worth it??? YOU ARE!
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    Just do it.

Don't focus on feeling motivated all the time. It's just not realistic. Make it a habit.
  • iclaudia_g
    iclaudia_g Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Send me a friend request - make friends on here to keep you setting new goals.
  • mlbuxbaum
    mlbuxbaum Posts: 2
    Options
    If you are feeling dis-hearted or half hearted about what you are going to be doing, take a look at how far you have come. Use that as motivation. What are you trying to accomplish? Maybe your routine just needs a little variety? I find that doing the same thing over and over gets really boring really fast. Variety is very good for your routine. Let me know if i can offer any advice or motivation.
  • davidoliverson
    Options
    I just started yesterday and failed miserably but today is a new day. Take it a day at a time. 21 days to start a habit good or bad. Make it good!:smile:
  • perrinjoshua
    perrinjoshua Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Good for you for starting over. This whole changing thing takes time but as you said takes 21 days to make a habit. Use that as your first goal and maybe that will help. All my best to you.
  • crzycylr
    crzycylr Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Oh come on......this battle will need to be a lifestyle change, can't start with a defeated attitude. Try to focus on the major changes that you want to make. Set some small, obtainable goals and celebrate those without food. We will felt bummed out initially, but this is great place to get yourself motivated and on track.
    You can do anything you want, if you are williing to work for it!!!
    Good luck!
  • cwaters120
    cwaters120 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Just do it.

Don't focus on feeling motivated all the time. It's just not realistic. Make it a habit.

THIS. You need to make the decision that you are worth it. None of us can do it for you as much as we'd like to. The REAL work begins when you start losing the motivation. As above, make it a HABIT so you won't have to think about it - it becomes natural choices and actions. It doesn't seem like "work" so much.
  • dorthymcconnel
    dorthymcconnel Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I've been there and I only started this in April. It took my birthday and a WW meeting (my first) to make me realize that this is something I want to do for me. I can't change if I'm not doing anything. Make a list of why you want to lose weight/get healthier. Add more supportive friends here on MFP. And don't try to make ten changes at once or think that you have to give up everything to lose weight. Just choose one or two (max of three) healthy habits you want to work on at a time and focus on just those changes for a week, a month, whatever feels right to you. Once you've mastered those, continue on. One step at a time usually does the trick. You can do this. And feel free to add me.