How much

Options
bwaits07
bwaits07 Posts: 150 Member
edited January 2016 in Food and Nutrition
how much under are you usually in calories by the end of day? I'm usually about 200. Just wondering about how others are doing?

Replies

• Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    250 under everyday is a half pound of weight loss a week. It really depends on where your at in your goal when I was 100lbs heavier I did some extreme cardio (2 hours a day everyday) and was only eating 1600-1800 calories. It worked but I wouldn't recommend it.. Now I fluctuate weight in 10 lbs intervals My guess is more than half is water weight do to carb intake but I use about 250 calories up or down from Maintenance depending on how I feel..
  • space_case
    space_case Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    You mean how much under your goal? Usually about 200 as well, but I have my numbers set to lose 1 lb a week so going under that much still brings me to more like 1.5 lbs a week. Also, I usually eat what MFP tells me and then those calories I'm not eating are usually the FitBit adjustment which I don't 100% trust.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Usually less than 100. IMO, a goal is meant to be met. You already have a deficit built into your goal, no need to create a bigger one. Plus I really really love food so I will eat as much as possible (with my built-in deficit) and still lose weight. :)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I try to meet my goal. If you are already set at an aggressive pace, 200 calories under everyday isn't doing you many favors. Too fast weight loss often sacrifices existing lean muscle. You could lower your body fat % better with moderate paced loss. But perhaps you are set to a moderate weekly goal right now, and the 200 isn't such a big deal.
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    If my exercise calories = 400 or more, I usually try to have 200 or so total left over at the end of the day. If I don't exercise, I try to hit my numbers spot on, maybe 20 or so calories leftover.
    Yesterday... i only exercised half an hour, and then i ate an almond butter cookie... i was badz...
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    3-6