Maintenance?

Options
fiddletime
fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
edited January 2016 in Goal: Maintaining Weight
I hate to post this, but here goes. I've bounced around in my weight by 2# for the past 4 weeks from 122-124. I'm 123.8 and GW is 120. I was at 1200 calories (5'2" and 61 years) but upped from sedentary to slightly active a month ago and that put me at 1260 calories.

I've been strict on my logging and am at my calorie goal. I eat back my exercise calories and have always done that (I estimate about 25% below what my HR monitor or MFP give me). I started at 143 in June.

Did adding a measly 60 calories s day really put me into maintenance??? If so, that really sucks. I was hoping to soon be adding 250 calories. I had been losing 3# a month.

Replies

• Protranser
    Protranser Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    4-6 weeks is enough time to establish enough data points for a trend, I think. If you are still bouncing back and fourth for the next two weeks, then change your calorie intake
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    The numbers don't match at all.....
    3 x 3500 = 10,500 (3lbs a month loss)
    30 x 60 = 1,800

Did anything else change? Less active in January? Change of actual activity levels?

Give it some more time - our bodies do like to play little tricks on us.
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    The numbers don't match at all.....
    3 x 3500 = 10,500 (3lbs a month loss)
    30 x 60 = 1,800

Did anything else change? Less active in January? Change of actual activity levels?

Give it some more time - our bodies do like to play little tricks on us.

indeed what sijomial said, it cant be.
    When you lose on 1200 calories daily intake, 4 lbs a month your maintenance should be around 1700 somewhere.

Give it more time or recalculate ( for when something is off)
    My guess is a fluctuation?...Do you weigh every day?

95069916.png
  • fiddletime
    Options
    I weigh every day and it's gone up and down in a 2 pound range. I started a new DVD program a week ago. It's XTFMax. I was doing body beast. It's cardio based and I wear a Polar HRM and knock off 20% of the calories and eat back the rest. I'll give it two more weeks. You're right. The math doesn't add up.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    @fiddletime its that new workout regime! your body is holding onto extra water for repair. The same thing happened me during January when I added to my workouts, went up 2.8lbs and it stayed that way for 2 weeks and then whoosh it disappeared (I pee'd a lot for a few days LOL)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    ps you look FAB at 61 :smile:
  • katepig54
    katepig54 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    everytime i increase excercise i have that problem too!! if you can feel your muscles aching then they are holding on to water for repair
  • fiddletime
    Options
    Thanks guys. I'll get myself back in gear since it might be just water weight. Yay!
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Yep - that's about right. It DOES suck!