Guidance

Hello everyone...I really need you guys help...I have gotten accustomed to the healthy eating and cutting calories but by carb intake is always so high and the scale doesn't show I'm really loosing..even though I feel I am and those around me say I am...I'm scared I'm not eating the right combo of things...I'm 375 n started at 381 2 weeks ago...I'm determined and would like to do things the right way without harming my body....help me please

Replies

• seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited January 2016
    Overall calorie intake (and keeping it below the amount of calories that you body uses) is the important part. Carbs, in and of themselves, aren't the key to weight loss.

I've been using the MFP default macro balance of 50% carbs / 20% protein / 30% fat and that's working just fine for me.

If your macro balance doesn't keep you satiated, try adding a bit more protein, fat, and/or fiber. Otherwise, stick with a balance that works for you.

As for weight loss, are you measuring all of your solid foods with a food scale? That really helped me be more accurate with my calorie intake. 6 pounds in 2 weeks is great! Be patient. Weight loss takes time.
  • Florida_Superstar
    Florida_Superstar Posts: 194 Member
    I also eat around 50% carbs and keep a healthy weight. Don't worry about carbs right now. Just focus on eating healthy foods and keeping your calories at a deficit. That is the most important thing. Also, it's only been a couple weeks, so just keep doing the right things and you will see results soon. Good for you getting on the path to good health.
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    There really isn't a "right combo" of things for weight loss. If you've lost 6 pounds in 2 weeks, that's a very decent loss. Just keep doing what you're doing.