I keep over indulging

Yesterday I hate a donut today I had a few slices of cakes and cookies at a funeral, and tomorrow there's going to be chicken and rice and good Portuguese food. Should I skip breakfast tomorrow ? Drink lots of water? I have a vacation in four weeks and I feel like a failure. Today I had oatmeal with a banana to sweeten it, a salad with chicken for lunch and low fat popcorn for a snack And half a turkey sandwich for dinner, some turkey pieces and then I overindulgence on half a macaroon, cakes and two cookies I think I'm still in maintenance but I want to throw it all up

Replies

• ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Omg. I feel the same way! I need to put food down!
  • aliwhalen
    aliwhalen Posts: 150 Member
    Log it and move on. Tomorrow's another day.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    "then I overindulgence on half a macaroon, cakes and two cookies I think I'm still in maintenance but I want to throw it all up"

If you feel you need to purge yourself of food, you might need to speak with a therapist.

There is nothing wrong with having treats, especially if you're staying within your calories.

There's nothing wrong with going over calories one day and going slightly lower the next or over the course of a few days. I often go low on days when I run since I tend to run at night. I'll have 100-200 calories to carry over so I can go ahead and enjoy extra treats later in the week.

~Lyssa
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    I think you may to speak with a professional
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    I would consider the next day as just something fresh. You want to try and build habits and getting back into normal patterns quickly will help.
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Your profile pic looks familiar. Why yes it is familiar:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/34820203#Comment_34820203
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10291186/should-i-eat-dinner/p1

If a close friend of yours was making posts like this what would you tell them? How long are you going to go without talking to a therapist?
  • Racheldasilva174
    Racheldasilva174 Posts: 87 Member
    No I haven't because I don't want my family to know I have an issue with food since they might think I'm faking it for attention
  • 3AAnn3
    3AAnn3 Posts: 3,054 Member
    Sounds like you need to eat more, but maybe some more nutrient dense food for the majority of your intake. I think this is beyond our scope though and you should talk to a professional.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,650 Member
    No I haven't because I don't want my family to know I have an issue with food since they might think I'm faking it for attention

Presumably you're an adult. Why on earth does it matter what other people -- even family -- think? It's your life and your wellbeing isn't it? Please look into some counseling.

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Jam Doughnut is 230 calories...so?
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    You're over-reacting to normal variations in eating. You feel like a failure for normal behavior. You want to throw up for normal eating. Something's wrong. You're unhappy. Get some help.
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    We all need to be careful about feelings of guilt over food. Food is not our enemy. It is OK to enjoy it don't feel guilty about loving food, everyone does. When we get into thinking that we shouldn't eat something, especially the foods we love, guilt can take over and destroy all of our progress.
  • petete101
    petete101 Posts: 29 Member
    Don't feel guilty or get these negative feelings because this is how you push yourself to dark places. You had some treats, tomorrow you will have some chicken and rice. That is ok. You know you indulged a bit some the next few days you are going to be diligent and keep under your calorie goal and you will move a bit more. There is no need to feel guilty or crazy about having had some treats....its part of life.
  • bellabonbons
    I had a terrible weekend and I really overate all the yummy food that I love but we can get back on track because that keeps us going and keeps us losing and we can do it is just a matter of realizing that it's natural to go off track it's part of the process. Expect the bad days it happens to all of us. The key is that weeks get up pick ourselves up and start going again. To keep myself going strong I placed posted notes above my kitchen sink that I can see every day of all the positive comments I've gotten from family and friends whatever it takes whatever works, do it for you to keep going. :)
  • bellabonbons
    Voice recognition error. "The key is that we get back up and keep going".
  • Arielbrenner17
    Arielbrenner17 Posts: 9 Member
    Yall are rude she doesn't need therapy she just feels bad for eating extra food we all do that ..
  • Racheldasilva174

Good excuse.

I'm sorry but that would be a *kitten* excuse if it was one. Don't assume what you don't know.
  • Racheldasilva174
    arditarose wrote: »

I'm ok, I don't have any problems with food just my over indulgences. Thanks for the useless advice though.
  • Racheldasilva174
    I would consider the next day as just something fresh. You want to try and build habits and getting back into normal patterns quickly will help.

Thank you, this actually helps. :)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    edited February 2016
    arditarose wrote: »

I'm ok, I don't have any problems with food just my over indulgences. Thanks for the useless advice though.

So over indulgences that make you want to throw it back up aren't "problems with food". Whatever they are, I wish you well.