Losing weight but keeping your bust

Options
I've noticed that for me it's difficult to kick fat in all places except where I'd like it - in the bust !
It's the first fat to go, especially if I do cardio.

Anyone else have the same problems? Is it down to body type? Any advice for me?

Replies

• bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Nothing to be done about it, fat will go where it goes, it's all down to genetics, body type, age.

:(
  • miryamch420
    miryamch420 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My breasts are the first thing that show any sign of weight gain or weight loss. I personally don't mind when they get smaller, because I think smaller boobs are more beautiful. When they get bigger though, it's like an alarm saying I've been naughty lately and I have to be careful.
    Sadly, there isn't much you can do about it. Maybe try to focus on having beautiful breasts rather than big ones? I find that push-ups, chest exercises and Yoga give the best results.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    You don't get to choose

You just get to readjust your self perception

Give it time
  • bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Oh to have "beautiful breasts"...

(My youngest is weaning, and my boobs are deflating like particularly old balloons....
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    It's all down to genetics. Just keep going and try to embrace it.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    “We must, we must, we must increase our bust.” -- Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret.

Like the fifth graders desire in the classic tween novel, longing for what one does not / will not / cannot have is timeless. Genetics and body fat % determined when you went through puberty. It determined how prone to weight gain your chest was. And it's going to determine how much fat stays there when you lose weight.

There's a reason plastic surgeons make a fortune off women who want to be larger and smaller alike. If it's any consolation, I wish I could send you some excess boobage. I've lost 70 lbs and gone from a 38 H or I to a 36 G. Words cannot express how overjoyed I'd be to lose it all. I have not been under an F *ever* since I was 13. Not even when I was so bony you could count my ribs and vertebrae. Genetics... argh.
  • ck763074
    ck763074 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Same thing even for a male, your chest will look bigger when losing stomach fat.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that for me it's difficult to kick fat in all places except where I'd like it - in the bust !
    It's the first fat to go, especially if I do cardio.

Anyone else have the same problems? Is it down to body type? Any advice for me?

My advice is don't worry about it. You can't control it and it is a process. When you lose fat from the other areas your breasts will look in proportion.
    While losing weight one of my breasts got visibly smaller faster than the other one. I felt freaky being so lopsided. After awhile it evened out. My breasts look a bit bigger- even though they are not- now that my stomach area is smaller.
  • samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Yea there's nothing to do about that. Goodbye tatas!
  • emmycantbemeeko
    emmycantbemeeko Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else has said, it's down to genetics where you store and lose fat. For me, my upper body loses quickly, my thighs slowly, and my butt basically never. My hip measurements have been virtually unchanged through gains and losses.

It is true what everyone says about breast appearance being largely a function of proportion, though, so as you lose weight all over, your breasts will appear larger. A small-framed person with a 32 D cup looks much bustier than a larger-framed person with a 36 B cup, even though those are virtually the same actual cup sizes.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    There's not much you can do. I have a pear-shaped body, and I ended up losing almost all of my chest (seriously -I have to wear kid's training bras now).

The big thing is that bra size is relative to your rib cage size. If you lose weight from your rib cage but don't lose much from your chest, your cup size might end up going up (like from a 36C to a 34D or a 32DD).
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Cross your fingers or get over it. I am almost flat chested now. Luckily that's not the only part of my body worth thinking about and I'm still strong with or without boobs.
  • JackieMarie1989jgw
    JackieMarie1989jgw Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Unforunately you cant spot-reduce, where you put fat first and where you lose it from first is mostly genetic. I also find my boobs are the first to.go when I lose weight. I lose weight from my chest and my waist/stomach first, but find it nearly impossible to lose weight from my thighs and upper arms without being a lower weight overall than I would prefer (I have actually done measurements, even when I lost 20 pounds my upper arm fat did not budge. Same measurement :( ) .
    Exercise and muscle toning all over can help you appear balanced, but you cant do anything to keep fat from coming from the boobs.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,502 Member
    Options
    I seem to have a particular weight line that determines if I have boobs or not. Above this weight, 32DDD, but squishy tummy. Below this weight, boobs deflate like balloons, but abs start coming out. I have decided I will take the smaller chest and the washboard abs until I get tired of maintaining them. Then I will take the larger breasts as my consolation prize. :D
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I have lost 36 lbs and my boobs are just now starting to shrink a little bit. I was hoping they would go sooner.
  • tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    My boobs were the first to go and my thighs will be holding on until the bitter end. The joy of genetics!
  • OzarkLady76
    OzarkLady76 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    It's all genetics. I have the opposite problem. I'm top heavy & have been up & down the scale more than once. They never get smaller. They never get larger. After losing 30 lbs once, I asked a doctor. He said it all depends on your genetic makeup.
  • dropitlikeasquat87
    dropitlikeasquat87 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My boobs are the first things to go besides my stomach.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Mine come and go first, but then they totally stop losing at a certain fairly early point. I think I'm gaining and losing fat and then the stable size is probably mostly breast tissue. So losing first from there may not be bad news for you. It could still go either way.
  • WinterSkies
    WinterSkies Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    choppie70 wrote: »
    I have lost 36 lbs and my boobs are just now starting to shrink a little bit. I was hoping they would go sooner.

This is me. My daughter weaned a couple of months ago, and I was really hoping that I would be heading back towards a comfortable size.... alas, I have lost very little from my boobs, but a bunch from my ribcage and back. So I actually feel bigger than before! I am sure my husband doesn't mind, but I would love to be smaller.