Any Zumba suggestions?

Options
Hello!
I would like to try Zumba at home, but I'm having trouble finding videos online that are not just promotional ones.
Usually channels on youtube only have one or two 20ish minute videos.
Do you have any suggestions where I could look? Or any suggestions?
Thank you!

Replies

• KathleenKP
    KathleenKP Posts: 580 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Zumba is not my main form of exercise. I like it, but I spend most of my time doing other things. So I'm not current on what is available.

In the past, I liked Club Fitz and Refitrev (which is a Christian group). Both of these have older videos still available on YouTube, but have moved on to a non-YouTube format of some kind which I have not figured out. The Refitrev was especially nice to do when my boys were/are around. I guess they have a $10/month subscription online now where you can "attend" live classes from their studio. I think Club Fitz did the same thing. Club Fitz is generally OK when the kids are around (at least the older ones, and I still was careful with certain ones). Another group I like (and never do when my kids are around) is Senazao. A fourth one was GRDanceFitness, but she stopped making videos years ago.

I just saved a lot of favorites and strung them together. I drank sips of water in the few seconds awaiting a commercial/etc. You can make your own playlists, too.

I think as you watch some of those videos, others will be suggested on the side. I found a few random songs done by other people I liked that way. But the above groups were consistently my favorites.
  • Asianbutterflies
    Asianbutterflies Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I've looked and there's not a whole lot of Zumba videos online that you will see zumba w the copyright. I've created my own zumba routine from a few songs I knew from the gym and some others tagged along w it. I also would type zumba and the song name and add it to a playlist. When other videos would pop up behind them I watch them see if they were moves I could do and like. Remember while zumba has it origins in Brazilian/latin music and dance steps it's more international music and beats all mixed in. Hope this helps and good luck to you .
  • GsKiki
    GsKiki Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for suggestions! :)
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Lots of Zumba instructors post videos of their routines on YouTube, but they're usually for other instructors to refer to, so you won't find a playlist per se, but you can certainly put together your own playlist on YouTube. Find a warm up and a cool down routine and about 11 other routines and you'll have about an hour workout.

Also, routines sometimes don't say Zumba even if they're made by licensed instructors due to YouTube limitations on what they will allow.
  • a80r
    a80r Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Go on Vimeo and search 'Kim Zumba' she has tons of your long classes and they are good