should i switch to maintainence?

jenniferpiotrowski0
jenniferpiotrowski0 Posts: 215 Member
edited January 2016 in Goal: Maintaining Weight
I have been losing weight for a while,had some ups and downs..made some progress..lost 10 pounds but now I have my cousins wedding coming up soon. I'm not done losing weight completely but I want to fit into the dress I wear to my cousins wedding. I don't want to lose more weight and risk my dress being too lose but I also don't want to gain weight and be fat and uncomfortable in it either. Should I switch to maintainence if I want to keep my weight temperarily the same as it is now or what should I do? I'm going out dress shopping today

Replies

• Mezzie1024
    Mezzie1024 Posts: 380 Member
    Sounds like you answered your own question. :smile: I'm a big fan of maintenance breaks even when there are no dresses involved.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Mezzie1024 wrote: »
    Sounds like you answered your own question. :smile: I'm a big fan of maintenance breaks even when there are no dresses involved.

Agreed
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Sure. But honestly, a few pounds less and it will still fit fine. At least for me, when I got close to my goal my weight loss just started to crawl.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Stopping sounds reasonable..,yeah. When is the wedding? I only ask because if it's not coming up very soon and you don't see yourself having a difficult time finding a dress you like, I might be inclined to keep losing now so there's a better chance the dress will still fit after the wedding. Maybe you'll want to wear it again.
  • jenniferpiotrowski0
    jenniferpiotrowski0 Posts: 215 Member
    The wedding is on February 12 so just in a few weeks..I just got the dress but its slightly loose on me but not too bad
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    With less than 2 weeks to go, eat at maintenance or a deficit, it won't make a significant difference in terms of dress fit. In fact, unless you've been eating at maintenance prior to the dress fitting you will likely pack on a few lb of water weight if you make the switch.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    You'll need to lose another 5 lbs before the switch to maintenance, because you'll probably gain 5 when you make the switch.