Gained weight out of nowhere?

Hi everyone! I just turned 18, but in the past I had lost over 85 pounds, going from 221 pounds to 134 pounds. I've been happily maintaining in a range of about 133-134.5 pounds, but out of nowhere the past few days I've been 135-135.2 pounds. It's not water weight because it's been consistent the past few days. I have no idea where this minuscule weight gain might've come from, the only idea I have is that since I've had the past few days from work, which is pretty active work, it might've affected it. My eating pattern tends to be eating healthy during the week, and having a splurge day, but it ALWAYS goes back to 133-134.5 within the following week. My weight will not lower and I know it's a small amount but it really bothers me. Any advice would be appreciated!

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    That's a tiny, tiny range to try and maintain in - counter-productive in my opinion, it will just lead to anxiety.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    What you're describing is not a healthy view.
  • daddydavies920
    daddydavies920 Posts: 5 Member
    What you're describing is not a healthy view.

Then please offer constructive advice on what is and isn't a healthy view :) It's highly appreciated
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Stressing out over what amounts to less than one cup of water is unhealthy. Focusing on such a narrow range that it is impossible to remain within is unhealthy. As you noted, the gain is minuscule yet you found it so worrisome that you created a thread.

How much are you eating per day? How tall are you?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    I've got a 7lb range in which I'm happy and can fluctuate 3lbs in a day easily.

Remember at barely 18 you may not even have finished growing.
  • daddydavies920
    edited January 2016
    Stressing out over what amounts to less than one cup of water is unhealthy. Focusing on such a narrow range that it is impossible to remain within is unhealthy. As you noted, the gain is minuscule yet you found it so worrisome that you created a thread.

How much are you eating per day? How tall are you?

I am eating about 1900-1950 calories to maintain, I am sedentary, but I sometimes eat ALL of my calories in the morning and just drink water for the rest of the day and perhaps that has something to do with it? I've been doing that for the past 2 weeks, and the one day I actually ate small meals throughout the day (I also ate around 1300 calories that day), the next day I was in my goal zone. I am 5' 11"
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    It can still be water weight fluctuations even if you've been consistent. Hydration levels, the amount of water, waste, and food in your system at any given time. Time of day. Tons of things affect your weight even at maintenance. Plus, at your age your body is still doing some late changing and growing.
  • daddydavies920
    It can still be water weight fluctuations even if you've been consistent. Hydration levels, the amount of water, waste, and food in your system at any given time. Time of day. Tons of things affect your weight even at maintenance. Plus, at your age your body is still doing some late changing and growing.

Thank you, that helps! Can anyone tell me if my maintenance calories look good for someone my age and height or should I change them?
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Honestly, seems pretty low.
    I am active, but also only 5'0" and female and maintain on a little more. You are at the very lower end of the healthy weight range for your height, dangerously close to underweight. You may want to consider building some muscle mass.
  • mixa4u
    mixa4u Posts: 62 Member
    Also carbs are holding water, as well as salt. More carbs,.more weight.