Gaining weight while staying is good cardiovascular shape?

Options
Anyone have any idea on how I can stay in good cardio shape, jog and still gain weight?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Eat more calories than you burn
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    If you're trying to gain weight, lifting weights would also help.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Lifting weights does not affect weight gain.

It may affect the TYPE of body mass gained (assuming you're eating at a surplus), but has no effect on the amount.
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options

It may affect the TYPE of body mass gained (assuming you're eating at a surplus), but has no effect on the amount.
    Yes, though I was answering the part of "staying in good cardiovascular shape".
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Yes of course. This is something I was thinking about today. I've only gained 10 pounds but I'm noticing a few of the daily activities I do just aren't as...easy. I don't do cardio. I'm thinking about adding some in just to be more healthy/comfortable. Just keep moving and make sure you're accounting for the extra calorie burn and eating to gain.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

Yes, though I was answering the part of "staying in good cardiovascular shape".

Then why did you say "for gaining weight" if you were addressing "for staying in good cardiovascular shape"?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Yeah...you eat more food.
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    You can continue to cardio while bulking you're just going to have to eat more to stay in a calorie surplus.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Increase your calorie intake to account for any extra calories burnt during your cardio sessions.

I always continue cardiovascular work during a gaining phase. It's never been a problem...
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,398 MFP Moderator
    Options
    The main reason why people suggest limited cardio while bulking is because manu struggle to get enough calories. If you can eat big, then run, bike or do HIIT.