Very specific request for skin tightening success story kind of...please read??

Options
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has had a situation where they lost weight through diet and moderate cardio like walking, got down to a 'healthy' size but with still a lot of abdominal fat/skin? Then found with resistance and strength training combined with high intensity cardio that it seemed to spring back to a more firm shape?

I'm currently at 12st6lbs (high end of healthy for a woman of my height), down from a start weight of 18st4lbs about 3 years ago. I'd like to lose a bit more and tone up, I've done some HIIT etc. but I've not been able to focus on making it habitual as I can't afford a gym, and live in a first floor flat with no carpet or underlay (walking around is a nightmare for the lady downstairs).

I'm moving to a new house in the next couple of weeks, with room for a dedicated work out area which I intend to make good use of. I guess I'm just looking for motivation that my relatively young skin (23) might stop jiggling about so much, and I'll be able to fit into clothes better...and enjoy my sex life too, if I'm quite honest (it's becoming a bit of a drag)...

N.B. I read somewhere that subcutaneous fat is sometimes a cause of a loose-skin type appearance, and it's a much harder type of fat to get rid of (i.e. it won't go away with a diet based weight loss such as mine). I have no idea if this is true, however, so anyone who can add to/clarify the veracity of that would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this is what you are looking for, but my ultimate inspiration thread is this: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/977538/halp-heavy-lifting-made-me-supah-bulky/p1

It's full of women who look fabulous after doing progressive resistance weight training (lifting heavy). You may want to search for "recomposition" as well. I have major gym anxiety, so I am currently buying equipment to use at home as well. I've got a power rack & weight bench. Now I just need a bar & some weights.
  • amandapierce0515
    amandapierce0515 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am in the same situation!
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    This may not be the answer you're looking for, but as a last resort, there is something called radio frequency (RF) that might tighten loose skin. I haven't done it (I still have weight to lose and I suspect that genetically I won't have this problem), but I'm keeping it in mind if I ever get to that point. It's totally non-invasive and just stimulates natural collagen. It can be paired with fat freezing or cavitation (both also non-invasive) if part of the problem is pockets of fat that won't budge within that loose skin area.

[Not an ad...just seriously something I've looked into online just in case.]
  • Lallen377
    Lallen377 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Great question! I wonder myself. Ive had 3 babies and wonder what my stomach will look like after weightloss.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!