Does working out make you emotional?

Options
2»

Replies

• SunnyDayzMomma
    SunnyDayzMomma Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    After a very grueling revving class I used to take, I felt that way too. I had to high tail it out of there. Once the class was done I'd want to cry so bad I couldn't talk with anyone, lol. Regular exercise didn't have that effect though, just that class. It honestly made me feel like I was physically doing something so hard, my spirit was breaking. To complete it made me so proud/tired/accomplished/empowered/relieved that I was still alive. Lol. Just thinking about it now makes me teary. Maybe I need to find that class again!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Can't say as I have experienced this...usually I just experience exhaustion and pain....and it feels oh so good....
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I'm usually happy and more relaxed yet energetic, and in a good kind of pain. I used to get emotional when I was doing huge workouts (1000-1500 calories burns). I would be exhausted and just...done. mentally and physically done, and I would burst into tears when I got home.
  • sar_astill
    sar_astill Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sometimes yes! Depending on the mood I'm in. If I have got to a point of complete emotional drainage and then I push myself to the limit with my exercise, I have no physical strength to hold back my emotional state.
    Most of the time it makes me feel amazing though.!!
    I know for me it happens usually when I'm holding back or de-pressing emotions, thoughts or feeling about something. This could be the same for you?
    Hopefully that has helped :)
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    yes, after i beat a goal i can get emotional. when i first went my first 13 miles, i cried. after my first race, i cried. but happy tears because I have some so far
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Working out usually if not always puts me in a great mood! Never felt emotional other than excited if I got that extra lift.
  • furmickc
    furmickc Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I started crying during mile 26 of an ultramarathon. In my case, I think it was low blood sugar.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Happy is an emotion....so, yes.