Bottom of feet burns after an hour on the treadmill?

Francl27
Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
Well, that's new. I've been walking all the time for 3 years, but today after just one hour on the treadmill, the bottom of my feet hurts so much that just standing is painful. I didn't even go that fast, but walked as an incline as usual..

Does anyone know what it can be and how to make it go away? Should I get rid of my shoes? It's just very odd.

Replies

• mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    New shoes? Old shoes? Any other naging pains that could have effected your gait?
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Different socks could be a problem too. I've had socks really make my feet miserable!
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    It must be a weird day because for the first time in forever my shin hurt while running on the treadmill today. I've been running regularly on the treadmill for over a year now and today my right shin hurt! It still feels a little sore and I still have no idea why.
  • GsKiki
    GsKiki Posts: 392 Member
    The problem is most probably in shoes or socks.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Socks! If they are thick with ridges and you see imprint on your feet it's the socks. Get socks for walking like sport socks light or medium weight. I can't wear cable knit socks or heavy wool when I walk for hours it leaves my feet just as you describe that and shoesthatmay be wore out.
  • FitCoachBrad
    FitCoachBrad Posts: 2 Member
    Good question by mkakids, about whether the shoes are old or new. I've seen it where clients wear new shoes that cause discomfort, and obviously old ones can, too.

Does it feel painful? It can be common that the tissues on the bottoms of our feet, and the muscles around our ankles can become stiff with lots of walking.

Have you tried stretching your calves, and massaging the bottom of your feet? It may feel tender to the touch, which could mean that the tissues are, in fact, tight and need to be kneaded to get supple again.

Check out the picture of a simple calf stretch you can do anywhere. Hopefully that will help :)
    6inw4k6waa4p.jpg

Hope that helps!

B.
  • emmycantbemeeko
    emmycantbemeeko Posts: 303 Member
    Most likely a problem with shoes or socks (I find this happens when my minimal shoes start to get worn in their already-thin insoles and the texture of the sole starts to rub against the soles of my feet).

Less likely but worth exploring if changing your shoes and socks doesn't help and this persists for a while: could be the beginnings of plantar fasciitis, which you'd need to see a doctor about.
  • saraonly9913
    saraonly9913 Posts: 469 Member
    If it's your heels it can be a heel spur/plantar fasciitis?