Need female tips on wanting to gain weight the right way.

Options
2»

Replies

• CaliCeleste
    CaliCeleste Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    And I'm trying to find a good program, I think I'll check out the ones mentioned above. Just so I can have some type of structure or guide on what I'm doing when working out lol
    And I'm trying to find a good program, I think I'll check out the ones mentioned above. Just so I can have some type of structure or guide on what I'm doing when working out lol

• CaliCeleste
    CaliCeleste Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If you're a beginner at lifting try using the "bodyspace" app and find a program to follow. It's the easiest thing to do and you won't be as lost. If it's something you like then find a meal plan on bodybuilding.com

I started lifting almost two years ago, and found those two things to help me. I now use both as references because it all comes second nature. I am currently in the process of bulking which has been extremely difficult because I'm breastfeeding and have to eat extra the recommended calories plus some!

Have fun with the workouts. Don't think you need to lift heavy in the beginning. Remember that form is the most important otherwise your goal of gaining will be thrown out the window because of injury.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    If you're a beginner at lifting try using the "bodyspace" app and find a program to follow. It's the easiest thing to do and you won't be as lost. If it's something you like then find a meal plan on bodybuilding.com

I started lifting almost two years ago, and found those two things to help me. I now use both as references because it all comes second nature. I am currently in the process of bulking which has been extremely difficult because I'm breastfeeding and have to eat extra the recommended calories plus some!

Have fun with the workouts. Don't think you need to lift heavy in the beginning. Remember that form is the most important otherwise your goal of gaining will be thrown out the window because of injury.

The bolded is a very good point. Even in "heavy lifting" programs, heavy is relative. And correct form is critical!