Question about macros

Options
kgirlhart
kgirlhart Posts: 4,977 Member
I'm having trouble getting enough protein. Some days my macro percentages are ok but I am still under my daily goal of protein. Is it more important to hit the daily protein goal or to have the macro percentage correct?

Replies

• Shreevidya
    Shreevidya Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you are trying to do. Are you trying to lose weight? In that review your protein goals.
    OR are you trying to gain muscle. If its the latter, protein shakes like Isopure should help you reach your goals.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,977 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose weight. I just want to make sure I am eating plenty of healthy foods. I started in September and really just started looking at the macros recently and noticed I'm often not getting enough protein. I rarely reach 62 g and when I exercise that goal increases. I do sometimes hit 20% so I wasn't really sure if I should concentrate on the 62 g or the 20%. I would eventually like to have some muscle, but I feel like I should concentrate on getting rid of the fat first.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    IF you want more protein, look at the places in your diary where you can increase carbs and fats.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Shoot for 20/20/60.