Shows you ran home to, to watch as a kid

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    Well I am going to show my age with this one.

I ran home so I could PLAY OUTSIDE with my friends. You know, the boring stuff. Like kick ball, basketball, wiffle ball, football (NOT SOCCER), off the wall, kill the man with the ball, Frisbee football, baseball, softball, etc.
    My friends and I did those too, but usually after 4:30-5:00pm when the those shows were done. Lol, 5:00 o'clock news was popular back then (70's) and that's what my pops watched when he came home. And back then we had just one TV.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »

I ran home so I could PLAY OUTSIDE with my friends. You know, the boring stuff. Like kick ball, basketball, wiffle ball, football (NOT SOCCER), off the wall, kill the man with the ball, Frisbee football, baseball, softball, etc.
    My friends and I did those too, but usually after 4:30-5:00pm when the those shows were done. Lol, 5:00 o'clock news was popular back then (70's) and that's what my pops watched when he came home. And back then we had just one TV.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

That's what we did too. We would run home to watch the TV and as soon as we would hear my fathers car pulling in, we knew we had to turn the cartoon off so he could watch the news. After dinner We would go outside and play until it was dark out . there was only one TV in most homes in my neighborhood then.
    It wasn't until I was a teen that some people started getting TV in their rooms or dens too.

• zoeysasha37
    Options
    And I remember liking the show he-man and sheera.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    We went home at lunch and watched the Flintstones and Spiderman. That's what we rushed home for
  • synchkat
    Options

Did you not have tv yet? Was it just black and white? I know you are considerably older than most here
  • zoeysasha37
    Options
    I remember that our TV did not have a remote. It was like a dial that you could turn from channel 2-10 or something like that. My family called the TV the television set. (Lol !)

When we finally got a TV with a remote, I remember my father constantly telling us not to touch the remote ! We would lose it in the sofa cushions and he would come home and say " where is the remote !!!"
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    Ghostwriter, Doug, Secret Life of Alex Mack, Legends of the Hidden Temple
    Legends of the Hidden Temple was awesome. I wonder what happened to it, and similar shows. I also frequently taped/TiVoed Clifford the Big Red Dog every weekday afternoon at 4:00 sharp, and ate my after-school snack while watching.
  • JeffreyMGiron
    JeffreyMGiron Posts: 3,582 Member
    Options
    Dragonball Z, thats about it. The rest of the time i was out playing soccer.
  • JSurita3
    JSurita3 Posts: 10,188 Member
    Options
    Batman
    I dream of Jeanie
    The Brady Bunch
    .....yes I'm old.
  • JeffreyMGiron
    JeffreyMGiron Posts: 3,582 Member
    Options
    JSurita3 wrote: »
    Batman
    I dream of Jeanie
    The Brady Bunch
    .....yes I'm old.

I Dream of Jeannie, i watched this for a while gotta love nick at nite
  • synchkat
    Options
    JSurita3 wrote: »
    Batman
    I dream of Jeanie
    The Brady Bunch
    .....yes I'm old.

I Dream of Jeannie, i watched this for a while gotta love nick at nite

Ohhhh I loved I Dream of Jeanie
    and Bewitched.
  • hazman81
    hazman81 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Saved by the bell
  • Evilla25
    Evilla25 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    az3gh05va2gg.jpeg

Best TV show that existed in history.
    She still is my Hero.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    Also, adding to @chastity0921's comment, we had a whole channel of kids' game and sports shows called NickGAS (Nickelodeon Games and Sports). Boy, do I miss that station!
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    rescuerangers2.gif
  • motterotter
    motterotter Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Scooby doo and Terrahawks
    Also sesame street
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Felix the Cat
  • BenOsen3
    BenOsen3 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Any time the Reds were playing a day game against the Cubs or Nickelodeon's Double Dare...
  • gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,119 Member
    Options
    I'm showing my age too....we did not have a TV when I was a kid (and our newspaper was carved on stone...)