Just ran my fastest 5km in 2.5 years

Options
22.54 very happy with that.

35 secs off my PB. I'd given up on running times like that.

Replies

• engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    AWESOME job!
  • LernRach
    LernRach Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    wowwwww
  • rshort2008
    rshort2008 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys/gals
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Super job man!
  • lilray01
    lilray01 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    That is inspiring. Great job!!
  • rshort2008
    Options
    So this morning I ran 5k in 21.44. A new PB absolutely astonished. Three years ago I was at the peak of my fitness and lighter than I am now.

I never thought I would be able to get back to sub 25 mins let alone those times. Even thinking of entering for some races now. Just need to start building up the distance and working on my 10k

I ran 10k I'm 53 mins comfortably on Thursday. Going to push for a sub 50 minute in the next ten days.
  • smiphette
    smiphette Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Nice work!
  • Sillybee727
    Sillybee727 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Wow!
  • jmgj27
    jmgj27 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! At my lightest and fittest I managed a 24:45 once and was super happy with that! Now I'm much fatter and older and have a chronic illness I can only manage around 35 minutes but I'm still proud of that too. Awesome work- keep it up!
  • rshort2008
    Options
    jmgj27 wrote: »
    That's awesome! At my lightest and fittest I managed a 24:45 once and was super happy with that! Now I'm much fatter and older and have a chronic illness I can only manage around 35 minutes but I'm still proud of that too. Awesome work- keep it up!

As long as your still managing it that's all that counts!
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Good going!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!