Fitbit calorie adjustment question-help please!

Options
According to Fitbit my tdee yesterday was 2279 total calories. I have MFP set to lose 1lb per week, so that would be 500 calorie deficit per day, which would put me at 1779 to lose-correct? Well when it synced to MFP last night I had an extra +300 calories added to MFPs estimate of 1370 calories per day which doesn't add up, but this morning it says only +124 calories for yesterday.

1370+124=1494? Is my Fitbit not syncing properly or am I missing something? That's a pretty big difference.

What am I doing wrong or not understanding?

Replies

• vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    MFP (if gathering data from Fitbit) and Fitbit bases their calorie goals on continuous activity. They assume you're going to keep up the activity until midnight. So if you go for a jog in the morning, fitbit will assume you will be keeping up that rate of activity all day; thus, giving you more calories. Most people with Fitbit leave a few extra hundred calories at the end of the day as insurance for this. Usually about 100-200 is good enough if you sync around 9 or 10 at night.
  • Jonna13
    Jonna13 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    But according to Fitbit the total calories burned yesterday were 2279?

2279-500=1779?

MFP synced with Fitbit is 1494? So that would mean 1994 burned. 1994-500=1494.

Numbers don't add up.
  • Jonna13
    Options
    The tdee for MFP and the tdee for Fitbit don't match up I mean.
  • jeepinshawn
    jeepinshawn Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Check out the fitbit group. There is a known bug in the system the last few days most have had some crazy adjustment issues.
  • Jonna13
    Options
    Check out the fitbit group. There is a known bug in the system the last few days most have had some crazy adjustment issues.

Thanks! Where is the Fitbit group?
  • minamina27
    minamina27 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Fitbit and mfp haven't been working together correctly all week. I just amassed an extra 600+ calories doing a long walk and twenty minutes later they have disappeared! Hope this gets fixed soon.
  • Jonna13
    Options
    minamina27 wrote: »
    Fitbit and mfp haven't been working together correctly all week. I just amassed an extra 600+ calories doing a long walk and twenty minutes later they have disappeared! Hope this gets fixed soon.

Yes this has been happening to me for the past few days, before bed says +# of calories, then when I wake up they are gone or less-and tdee's are completely different between Fitbit (which I assume would be more accurate) and MFP. Just got it this week so I'm very confused!

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Jonna13 wrote: »

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users

I've had the same the last 2 days.
  • Jonna13
    Options
    Jonna13 wrote: »

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users

I've had the same the last 2 days.

Thanks!