Feeling sick after eating sweets?

Options
I used to eat sweets all the time and I loved them back when I was gaining weight. Now that I'm losing weight I eat it once in a while as a treat. Usually I try to go over my calories a few days a week and stay under the other days because it helps me lose weight. So yesterday was an over day so I was looking for something to eat with more calories in it. On low calorie days I wouldn't eat something like this, it was a parfait thing with chocolate pudding and cookie dough chunks. So while I was eating it my stomach felt kind of sick. So I'm guessing my stomach is not used to me eating this kind of stuff anymore. And I realized I should have chosen something else with more calories and less sugar, perhaps something higher in protein. Huge mistake I made, eating something with more sugar calories.

Replies

• strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Never happened to me.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Some combinations sometimes do a similar thing to me. Was this a large portion of food compared to what you've been eating?

Some days I can eat 4 chocolate chip cookies covered in custard, chocolate syrup & sprinkles and feel great. Other times, not so much.

I wouldn't say write this off as a loss - just keep this reaction in mind and try something different next time.

~Lyssa
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    never had this issue unless I was gorging on a bunch of candy or something...
  • Thatonechickoverthere
    Options
    macgurlnet wrote: »
    Some combinations sometimes do a similar thing to me. Was this a large portion of food compared to what you've been eating?

Some days I can eat 4 chocolate chip cookies covered in custard, chocolate syrup & sprinkles and feel great. Other times, not so much.

I wouldn't say write this off as a loss - just keep this reaction in mind and try something different next time.

~Lyssa

Well it was dinner time and I was really under my calories at that point and the meal I was eating still wasn't enough so I had that dessert right after. I think it was the combination of too much sugar plus me eating a lot at once. My body is definitely not used to me eating big portions anymore and it's also not used to me eating a high amount of sugar anymore.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,951 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, now that I've reduced sugar, I can no longer eat Snickers bars or Peppermint Patties without feeling sick. I used to get them frequently when food shopping.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    When you need more calories, choose healthy fats, not sugars. Coconut oil....mmmm.....