Beer!!!

Options
defythenorm
defythenorm Posts: 3 Member
edited January 2016 in Food and Nutrition
Big fan of beer. Is fitting beers in my macros *kitten* and should I quit? Or, is it the same thing as eating a sickers bar and fitting that in? Any opinions would be great.

Replies

• professorpfm
    professorpfm Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have not quit drinking beer... I just make sure it fits With in your calorie intake! And work off some extra calories at the gym.
  • richln
    richln Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Fit it in. Life is to short to give up the things you love.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Options
    When I was losing I found it much easier to forgo beer for awhile and I switched to spirits and wine here and there. I enjoy craft beer, but I always found it difficult to fit in...'cuz it's not like I'm going to have just one. Because of my love of craft beer though, I would splurge a little on weekends...but my nightly brews were out the window.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    i love porters and stouts and they for sure dont fit in my macros but i dont really care. love the beeeer
  • BhangraPrince
    BhangraPrince Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    richln wrote: »
    Fit it in. Life is to short to give up the things you love.

What he said.. you gotta enjoy the simple pleasures of life
    BTW The best beer Ive had Red Betty IPA
  • defythenorm
    Options
    Hey thanks guys! I was feeling super guilty trying to fit it in! Thanks again, yall!
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    Beer is life. Life is useless without beer. Fit it in. Be happy.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way about wine. I was unwilling to give it up when I was losing weight (I wanted to lose weight the day I planned to maintain), so I made room for it in my calories. I lost weight consistently.

Some people say they lose faster when they quit drinking. Maybe I would have lost weight faster without the wine, but who knows? I do know it was a lot easier to go into maintaining already having good habits around measuring and planning my alcohol consumption.
  • SamathaDain
    SamathaDain Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    If I'm not getting fit to enjoy life more, then what is all this work for? I haven't cut out beer or wine. I love a good porter or stout. I fit them in just like everything else. I like the 80/20 guideline. They are for sure in my 20.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,012 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I fit it in. And sometimes it doesn't fit, but I decide to have it anyway and do better tomorrow :naughty:
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I'm unwilling to give up beer. I make it fit.

For those of you who like porters and stouts, most of them are actually way less calories than your standard IPAs and DIPAs. According to rate beer a Lancaster Milk Stout is only 159 calories. Not too shabby.

My favorite "light" craft beer is Bell's Oarsman ale. It's about 120 calories a 12oz bottle. It's a berliner Weisse and is nicely sour at the end.

If you like more of a white ale, I like the Dogfish Namaste. It's about 150 calories.

You can drink craft beer and lose weight. The trick is just to make it fit. I regularly give up my evening snack to have a beer with dinner.

• professorpfm
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »
    i love porters and stouts and they for sure dont fit in my macros but i dont really care. love the beeeer

What's your favorite beers?!
    Mine are some new locals here in CT from Stoney Creek. Little Cranky, Cranky and Big Cranky. Little cranky is a session IPA, Cranky is your basic IPA and Big Cranky is their DIPA that's just as good if not better than Sip of Sunshine by Lawson's Liquids.
  • professorpfm
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »

What's your favorite beers?!
    Mine are some new locals here in CT from Stoney Creek. Little Cranky, Cranky and Big Cranky. Little cranky is a session IPA, Cranky is your basic IPA and Big Cranky is their DIPA that's just as good if not better than Sip of Sunshine by Lawson's Liquids.

OK some how I quoted the wrong person and not the OP. sorry about that.
  • ASH_DVM
    ASH_DVM Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Yes to everything here. I love beer. When I have few calories to spare I enjoy a Michelob ultra. Otherwise, give me craft beef all day. Anyone from Wisconsin or near needs to give Ale Asylum a try. They do great ales, but my all time favorite beer from them is their Unshadowed Hefeweizen. Usually good for a Brewer that specializes in ales to make a great hefe but this is it! Suggestions always welcome for new beers to try!
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    I'm unwilling to give up beer. I make it fit.

For those of you who like porters and stouts, most of them are actually way less calories than your standard IPAs and DIPAs. According to rate beer a Lancaster Milk Stout is only 159 calories. Not too shabby.

My favorite "light" craft beer is Bell's Oarsman ale. It's about 120 calories a 12oz bottle. It's a berliner Weisse and is nicely sour at the end.

If you like more of a white ale, I like the Dogfish Namaste. It's about 150 calories.

You can drink craft beer and lose weight. The trick is just to make it fit. I regularly give up my evening snack to have a beer with dinner.

my favorite porter is ballast point victory at sea and its 300 calories for 12 oz :( but its 10% alcohol so 1 = 2 ha.
  • defythenorm
    Options
    You guys are awesome. Gracias!
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Fitting get in one pint is not an issue ever...if I go to the gym that is usually worth 2 pints....or if I want more (once in a while) then that is a day where I exceed...,

Now that said, I only give up my calories for good beer!