decent low calorie pasta?

Options
please. i cant survive another day without it.

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    No such thing

So save calories

Practice portion control

And bulk up on vegetables
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    All the pastas are pretty much going to be the same.
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Zucchini?

Most wheat pasta is 200 calories per TWO ounce serving.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    pasta is calorie dense...just eat appropriate portions of it.
  • angelamichelle_xo
    angelamichelle_xo Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    aw *kitten* man. can i BUY zicchini noodles somehwere? like big y?
  • Emerald_Wolf
    Emerald_Wolf Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    miracle noodles are a decent substitute. Spinach noodles aren't bad either.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    aw *kitten* man. can i BUY zicchini noodles somehwere? like big y?

You can peel them into "noodles" with a peeler if you don't have a spiralizer.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I have been buying a 150 calorie pasta (Creamette makes one, as does a local chain in the midwest- Hy-Vee). It's not low cal, but a 25% calorie savings and has 13 g of fiber so it fills you up & you stay full, unlike ordinary pasta. Tastes no different than regular.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Some people are o.k. with spaghetti squash.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    i eat pasta 3x a week probably. I make it fit in and make sure its majority protien and veg. some things i cant replace and pasta is one of them. Il tell you what the first time i weighed out 2oz of pasta i laughed and was like "yea ok tiny portion of pasta".
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Shirataki/miracle noodles. A godsend for stir fry.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Have you weighed out a 2oz portion of DRY pasta and then cooked it? Its really not that bad. Its a decent size portion.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Sprouts and online has black bean pasta and edamame fettuccine...etc. macros are spot on. I love the stuff. Black bean pasta has 2 fat, 17 carb, 12 of which are fiber, and 25 protein. Same calories, but lower carb and high protein(: and its delicious(:
  • keekeepop5
    keekeepop5 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Pasta itself isn't too bad....be careful with the sauces. I do a basic tomato (very light) in calories and yummy....

• JShailen
    JShailen Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I have between 70-100 grams of pasta for dinner at least twice a week. With veggies and sauce it comes out to 2 or 3 big portions. Save your calories earlier in the day, it's worth it for pasta <3
  • TraciHindes
    TraciHindes Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Ronzoni also makes a 150 calorie pasta that is very good and high in fiber. They have a penne, rotini and spaghetti.
  • Tricia7188
    Tricia7188 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Shiritake noodles are aweeeeesome. They're in the refrigerated area by the tofu in the grocery store. They're exactly like ramen noodles, they have the same al dente texture And you can cook them a little if you like softer.
    Zuchini noodles are ok, but they're NOT pasta. They're almost no calories (15 cals for about a cup and half-ish), and in broth they really hit the spot. No flavor to them so they'd be good with anything. They're almost all fiber so they also fill you up like crazy!
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Tricia7188 wrote: »
    Shiritake noodles are aweeeeesome. They're in the refrigerated area by the tofu in the grocery store. They're exactly like ramen noodles, they have the same al dente texture And you can cook them a little if you like softer.
    Zuchini noodles are ok, but they're NOT pasta. They're almost no calories (15 cals for about a cup and half-ish), and in broth they really hit the spot. No flavor to them so they'd be good with anything. They're almost all fiber so they also fill you up like crazy!

These are nasty, imo.....and smell like dead fish.
  • KendraMonster
    KendraMonster Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Occasionally I will do cous cous...
  • Tricia7188
    Tricia7188 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    mkakids wrote: »
    These are nasty, imo.....and smell like dead fish.

The ones I got have no smell or taste. They are supposed to be rinsed. I know there are several different brands and some are prob better than others.
    The brand I got was "Nasoya" Pasta Zero Shirataki spaghetti.