How often do people weight themselves

Options
2»

Replies

• WinnieJane
    WinnieJane Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Every day, and I log the data into Happy Scale to calculate a 10-day moving average. I think weighing only weekly would leave me more prone to unnecessary disappointment. I sometimes have a day where my weight shoots up by almost 2 pounds for no obvious reason - and I am within 5 pounds of my goal weight so that is significant percentage. It usually goes back the next day. If one of those bad days happened on a weekly weigh in it would be very discouraging. But factored into a 10-day average, those blips barely move the needle.
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    When I first started losing weight...everyday; then a couple of times a week when my plan was obviously working; then once a week; then maybe once a month.

I've stopped weighing myself, b/c it was frustrating and meaningless for me at this point.
  • Body_Remap
    Body_Remap Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    So far I'm doing it every 2/3 weeks as I get closer to my goal I think I'll do it more. As I need that check to make sure it's not slowly creeping back up... Too many years of burying head in the sand and not being accountable to scales has gradually made the weight creep up
  • Lizzypb88
    Lizzypb88 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning! I don't think there's anything wrong with it, as long as you have it in your head that it will go up and down! And I only log it if my weight is down, I like seeing the downward trend in my weight loss graph! It depends what motivates u and if it will just drive u crazy, but normally, once a week is what you should be really looking at
  • vicdavery
    vicdavery Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm every day, first thing in the morning.
    The more data points the more accurate you'll know your true weight.

If you only weigh once a week then it's easy to get discouraged if your weight suddenly pops up. You'll then be discouraged for a whole week and more likely to weaken.
    When you weigh daily it becomes easy to see that your weight varies quite considerably. But you can also see the trend better.
  • smcrimmon84
    smcrimmon84 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Every day but I dont worry if the scale stalls or something. Weight can vary for so many reasons!

My scale didnt go down at all for the last 2 weeks (and I was weighing daily!) - it would go up .5 lb, back down .5 lb, repeat, repeat, and then magically over the weekend - I went down a lb below my previous lowest. It all shakes out okay.
  • Verdenal
    Verdenal Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    If I'm actively trying to lose weight, every day. Otherwise, maybe every two or three days. I always weigh myself under the same conditions: In the morning, naked, after using the toilet.
  • rockstargreatness
    rockstargreatness Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I weigh in the morning.

However, if I happen to be doing the girly thing. I eat a lot on the first and last day so no scale those days. And sometimes it is worse.

(Since I started tracking what I eat, I noticed I crave less during the visit.)

I'm not getting on the scale when it's likely I gained because I already know I did. Why do I need a reminder?

So mainly every day unless I have a reason not to.