Do many of you measure inch loss?

Options
13»

Replies

• jaynee7283
    jaynee7283 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    My company has a healthcare incentive that revolves around weight loss and healthy weight - one of the measurements they take is your waist circumference. So for 2016, once I do my "final results" weigh-in at the end of the year, I'll know what my inches lost in my waist is.
  • Body_Remap
    Body_Remap Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    It's turned into an interesting discussion ... I've always been one to fav inches over scales... As like many have said other factors can make scales be lying.. Ie holding water

I haven't started measuring yet but I'm noticing clothes feel diff.... So do I really need the scales to tell me if I'm doing good or bad ? I think not
  • samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    No but I kind of wish I did. I don't have a tape measure either though.
  • melissavangulck287
    Options
    Body_Remap wrote: »
    It's turned into an interesting discussion ... I've always been one to fav inches over scales... As like many have said other factors can make scales be lying.. Ie holding water

I haven't started measuring yet but I'm noticing clothes feel diff.... So do I really need the scales to tell me if I'm doing good or bad ? I think not

Excellent point! I quite agree. This is the first time EVER I'm trying to maintain my weight while working on strength and toning. While I still weigh myself, I don't hold the scale to face value. My weight fluctuates within a couple pounds on a regular basis. Last month, I didn't lose any weight (yay), but I lost 2.5 inches off my body. I definitely recommend measuring.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    I measure whenever I remember.

I've lost 11 inches off my waist since April.
    • I also weigh daily and log it in Happy Scale which shows me my downward trend in spite of daily fluctuations.
    • I take photos.
    • I fit into smaller clothes I couldn't fit before.
    • People comment on my weight loss.

All of these metrics are reassuring when the scale isn't co-operating.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Absolutely - the scale is a dirty little liar - tape tells the truth.
  • Body_Remap
    Options
    Yea I'm not measuring directly yet but I am checking how my clothes feel... Doing this more than weighing myself.

I think scales though can be good to keep on track as that's the way we been conditioned in west... But more need to go on how they feel and look.
  • dotti1121
    dotti1121 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! But just like weighing with a scale, I only do it once a week. Just another tool to track progress that the scale doesn't always show...
  • Body_Remap
    Options
    dotti1121 wrote: »
    Absolutely! But just like weighing with a scale, I only do it once a week. Just another tool to track progress that the scale doesn't always show...

Yes not worth doing it more regular... As it can fluctuate just as much as the scale especially if you're a lady who holds water