Need ideas with Ground Chicken.

Options
AshetteKetchum
AshetteKetchum Posts: 26 Member
Hey everyone, I bought some extra lean ground chicken as it seems to be a cheaper option to some of the other meats and helps me get my protein in, just wondering if anyone had some recipes or ideas to make it taste better.

I've tried mini meat loafs but it still had that awful ground chicken flavor. I'm not very familiar with seasonings, so some advice would help in that department.

Also, I'm trying to avoid eating bread, pastas, etc, so please keep that in mind.

I have learned my lesson, and never going to be buying it again :P lol, once I use the remainder of this chicken!

Replies

• dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Lettuce Wraps! This recipe was originally for ground chicken. I used turkey because that is what my store had. Really good! soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2013/03/turkey-lettuce-wraps.html

• trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Skinny Taste has great lettuce wraps......so tasty & easy to make.
  • AshetteKetchum
    AshetteKetchum Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I never thought of lettuce wraps. I will have to try them out. Those seasonings will certainly help :)
  • alisfitgoal
    alisfitgoal Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I love turkey meatballs - an egg and a very small amount of bread crumbs and parmesan cheese really hold them together and enhance the flavour. I also added very finely chopped onion and garlic. To me, they're better than beef meatballs.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    White chicken chili?
    I love making chili when it's cold outside.
  • jenfitnessmama
    jenfitnessmama Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Chili
    Stir-fry
    Spring Rolls
    Spaghetti and Meatballs
    Bolognese sauce
    Meatloaf
    Chicken burgers
  • mlpinter11
    mlpinter11 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like to slice up some red/yellow/or orange peppers & maybe cook some rice and mix everything in one bowl & it comes out great. Toss on some salsa or taco sauce/spices on top & you're good to go! Basic..but I love it
  • sharonajoi
    sharonajoi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Check out www.janetandgreta.com. they have great healthy cookbooks with msny recipes with ground chicken. Really it's not bad! I've tried many and love them.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    ️️Hubby and I made turkey burgers last night: one pound of meat with one egg, scallions, I/4 cup cheddar, garlic, pepper, marjoram, salt. We made four burgers and ate them in lettuce wraps.
  • kmsoucy457
    kmsoucy457 Posts: 237 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I make Asian Chicken meatballs (Diary is open, see my recipes) for lunches. Just mix all but the olive oil together, form into balls then pan fry in the oil.
    For a dinner option, serve with stir-fried veggies. I dip in hoisin, teriyaki, sweet chili sauce or nuoc cham, and they're tasty hot or cold.
  • shureetoney
    shureetoney Posts: 5 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I just made a cabbage soup using ground chicken. I used other vegges too. It was tomatoe based. I seasoned with cumin, oregano and pepper. Salt to taste. Very good and low cal. Have to like cabbage tho as that was the main ingredient. Good luck!
  • Totika
    Totika Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just made Jamie Eason turkey meatloaf muffins with ground chicken, http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/video-jamie-eason-turkey-meatloaf-muffins.htm
    These are nicely spiced with onion, garlic, celery, mustard powder, thyme, cumin powder, chipotle pepper spice (used chilly flakes), maybe make it extra spicy to transform the chicken. They are very easy to transport for lunch, I have it with some green salad and carrot sticks.