Back on this journey again... for good!!

Options
Hello - I'm Andrea and I've been here a few times but always seemed to fall off the train. I weigh about 290 and am 5'10'', goal is about 150-155. I was doing really well until I moved to North Dakota with my boyfriend and started my new job. I basically sit on my butt and look at Excel spreadsheets all day, so I'm in the midst of learning better habits.

So, I'm back again with a much deeper desire to succeed. I'm 26 but my body certainly doesn't feel that young. No fun! :smiley:

Feel free to add me as a friend, sometimes it's easier when you don't feel so alone.

Replies

• mbryon
    mbryon Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    You Got This!
  • doodleswithpencils
    Options
    I've been back and forth with weight loss too, but this is the first time I've been on MFP, and already I've managed to get through times that would have derailed me in the past. I make sure I log every day, even if it ain't pretty, and I get on the community boards daily, even if I don't post anything. It just keeps me focused . I think you do have to be a bit obsessive to get this right, but it's only for a time :) All the best :)
  • andreagetsfit1
    andreagetsfit1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I've been back and forth with weight loss too, but this is the first time I've been on MFP, and already I've managed to get through times that would have derailed me in the past. I make sure I log every day, even if it ain't pretty, and I get on the community boards daily, even if I don't post anything. It just keeps me focused . I think you do have to be a bit obsessive to get this right, but it's only for a time :) All the best :)

I agree, you definitely have to be a little obsessive! I've managed to log since last week and even made myself log over the weekend too so that I would not fall off track. Reading some of the posts on the boards, especially the success stories are super inspiring!
  • LEAS86
    LEAS86 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Me too.
    I've been back on the case seriously for nearly 3 weeks now and it's working - 6lbs down (5'10 CW 164, GW 156ish). I'd agree with a bit obsessive, just until the good habits are hardwired in.
    I also sit at a desk all day so it's easier for now to count the calories in rather than trying to build in calories out, I'll get round to that later!
    Added :smile:
  • burghgrl
    burghgrl Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi there doodleswithpencils and deathbypolka... ...you're so right about being obsessive about tracking!! I was getting lax about putting in EVERY bit of food that went into my mouth! Then I read something that really stayed with me...it's all about and only about...collecting DATA. That's all. Then you can sit back, read it...and clearly see where you're having trouble. For me, the mindless putting food into my mouth, regardless of whether or not I was clearly hungry, or how recently I'd eaten...was Clear as a BELL! Record, record, record! One day at a time! this could be YOUR TIME!! :)
  • andreagetsfit1
    Options
    burghgrl wrote: »
    Hi there doodleswithpencils and deathbypolka... ...you're so right about being obsessive about tracking!! I was getting lax about putting in EVERY bit of food that went into my mouth! Then I read something that really stayed with me...it's all about and only about...collecting DATA. That's all. Then you can sit back, read it...and clearly see where you're having trouble. For me, the mindless putting food into my mouth, regardless of whether or not I was clearly hungry, or how recently I'd eaten...was Clear as a BELL! Record, record, record! One day at a time! this could be YOUR TIME!! :)

I love that, thinking about logging as collecting data! I've been logging for just under a week, but I can already see areas where nutrients might be lacking and where I'm getting too much sodium or sugar. I also realized how often I was eating when I shouldn't have been haha
  • bangingiron
    bangingiron Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. :)
  • NOWHEREGIRL55
    NOWHEREGIRL55 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I love that you can do it on your phone! Makes logging much easier :)
  • andreagetsfit1
    Options

Absolutely, I agree! I love the barcode scanner too! Super quick and simple.
  • allieparkia
    allieparkia Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! I moved to a new state to live with my BF and I have gained more than 10 pounds since! Feel free to add me, we can do this!!!
  • doodleswithpencils
    Options
    @deathbypolkadot, success stories, yusss! @burghgrl it's awesome isn't it? Years ago I used to log it down manually, but the app is so much easier and with the barcode scanners etc
  • eenbloempje
    eenbloempje Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    This sounds exactly like what I wanted to post this morning. I'll send you my friend request.