Mindless eating

Options
13»

Replies

• brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    I love food that's why I can't say no unless it's fruit and vegetables.

I guess at this point are you even asking for help or are you just emptying all the skeletons from your closet?

I see excuses everywhere. I was the same way a few weeks ago out of a severe depressive episode and mental break. Then I realized the way to go is to just DO all the things humans do each day. Even though all I wanted was to melt into my bed and sleep 24/7. I got up, I showered and brushed my teeth. I did the chores I needed to do because living in a mess wasn't helping my mental state. I got up and took responsibility for my life. I knew I couldn't lose 10lbs in a week, but I COULD cook a big batch of good food to eat all week for dinner. I could keep myself busy all evening so I didn't spend it standing in the pantry sneaking food.

In the end you are the only person responsible for where you are and how you behave. When you accept that responsibility and create a basic plan of action and stick to it like it's the most important thing you do each day (because it is), you'll find yourself feeling more confident and actually living a life- not simply existing.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    What is the wrong type of food, and what is love? Would you love a husband who abused you? Or would you rather find another? Foods aren't even good or bad, there are just good or bad amounts of foods.

If you could, would everyone please think of another analogy than that of an abusive relationship? MANY women DO stay with abusive husbands that they dont love because they believe they have no options, or fear for their safety and that of their children. Also, we can try to be sensitive to those among us who may very well be in these types of situation right now, and comments like these, now matter how well meaning and helpful we are trying to be, can be considered as trivializing the situation.

This is not a criticism of the poster in any way, but it did bring to my attention that I too tend to make off the cuff comments and have no idea of the impact they may have on others.