Weight loss habits that drive your spouse/partner bonkers

Options
2»

Replies

• ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    The measuring used to make @kc4nus nuts. Absolutely bugshitnuts. After a year, he started doing it. He's down 35lbs so far.
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    Options
    I think NOT eating the food he cooks bothers him (though he's really not the type to say out loud that anything bothers him). Especially long cooked/smoked meats that he puts a lot of effort into. But, since I didn't weigh the meat raw nor measure the oil and spices, I have no desire to eat any while I'm actively trying to lose weight. Perhaps in maintenance. I figure "more for him!"

Also, I am a bit possessive about "my" food. I have an entire shelf in the freezer that is MINE, lol.
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    My husband has been amazingly supportive. It helps that he is super-fit and we both love to cook and eat well, but as healthily as we can. I think he worries that I am over-critical at my appearance, despite my weight loss and fitness gains. He often compliments me - which is what I wish every partner would do for their hard-working other half on MFP. I'm incredibly lucky.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    I think he's a bit over the fact that I am glued to the forums on MFP more often than not. Yikes.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    If I have cooked something new and am finalizing the recipe in the recipe builder, my OH doesn't like waiting for me to finish before he can start eating. (I tell him to start without me, but...)
  • murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Weighing and measuring food drives my partner crazy. Also pacing around the living room while watching TV later at night to get in more steps before bed. We've had to have some heart to hearts about being supportive haha.
  • dwulet130
    dwulet130 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    zenjen13 wrote: »
    He's more amused than annoyed but here they are:

When I run around the living room to get to my final step goal.
    When I ruin take-out (rare for us) by researching the calories ahead of time.
    When I measure my wine to the fluid ounce.

Twins! My BF HATES my pacing around the living room and that I'm resistant to eating out unless they post the nutrition info online.

And last week he served me wine in a measuring cup.
  • jplinis
    jplinis Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    When I freaked when he was about to pour olive oil when frying my steak! He's okay about me weighing my foods but made a big deal when I asked him to only put 4 grams of butter on my toast. :D
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Like most, the weighing. He lost his mind when he saw me weighing raw spinach. I told him if he can't handle me weighing, he can gtfo the kitchen.
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    Options
    dwulet130 wrote: »
    zenjen13 wrote: »
    He's more amused than annoyed but here they are:

When I run around the living room to get to my final step goal.
    When I ruin take-out (rare for us) by researching the calories ahead of time.
    When I measure my wine to the fluid ounce.

Twins! My BF HATES my pacing around the living room and that I'm resistant to eating out unless they post the nutrition info online.

Wine in a measuring cup! LOL

He's a keeper.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    He still tries to bring home fattening crap as a treat and I say "It's all yours. I don't eat that." BLERGH NO FUN okay mister, how fun am I if I look like the Michelin woman? I told you I don't eat that crap and so I don't. No point in acting surprised or disappointed.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    vivmom2014 wrote: »
    I think he's a bit over the fact that I am glued to the forums on MFP more often than not. Yikes.

Haha yes, yes! This place even caused arguments a few times.. However, he has recently found a fishing forum and he spends as much time on that as I do on here! He hasn't said a word about MFP since :lol:
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    vivmom2014 wrote: »

Haha yes, yes! This place even caused arguments a few times.. However, he has recently found a fishing forum and he spends as much time on that as I do on here! He hasn't said a word about MFP since :lol:

Well, that's a good solution. Many is the time that I say aloud (to myself): "Walk away from the computer." :p

• nadler64
    nadler64 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    My (otherwise adored) husband is very appreciative of the time and effort I take to plan out and cook healthy meals. He knows I enter my recipes in MFP, so in the past when he wanted to log his meals, he asked to see the data. Which was fine. But then he got bitchy if I didn't DROP WHAT I'M DOING AND PULL UP THAT RECIPE ON MY PHONE RIGHT NOW.

Used to drive me absolutely up the wall. Now I hand him the phone at the beginning of the week (I plan and log a week in advance) and tell him to get it now, because it's his only chance. He knows I'm not kidding! <evil grin>
  • NotGnarly
    NotGnarly Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    He finds it odd that I march in place trying to reach my step goal.
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    When I pause to set my Fitbit to exercise mode before we do the biz.

... kidding.

HA! See you're kidding but my hubby actually makes me take it off because he "feels like it's like, recording us or something". Not kidding. BA HA HA!

Lol mine actually loves the fitbit for this, he thinks its hilarious to look at my stats afterwards.
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'm feeling lucky. My DH is very happy I am doing this again, he's been nagging at me for awhile that he was worried about my backwards slide. It does drive him nuts that I make him write down everything he adds when cooking so I can make a recipe, but he freely admits that's because he's naturally lazy. He's getting in the habit.
  • elaineamj
    elaineamj Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    dwulet130 wrote: »

Nearly woke my DH up when I snorted!

My poor guy is getting a touch fed with with how much time logging is taking. I remind him I am just learning.
  • trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    erinc5 wrote: »
    My husband annoys me. Now that I weigh everything out before I eat it, I get super defensive over my food. Tonight he asked me for a bite of ice cream (he takes big bites) and I'm like "nooooo!!! Get your own its in the freezer." He doesn't understand that, yeah, it's just one bite. But it's MY bite. Haha. I don't like sharing anymore.

OMG! Exactly! I feel the same. My bf should just get his own and leave me to my food.