Getting a healthy BMI

Options
Wanted to lose weight for a little time but I always get about 2 weeks in then loose all interest in it and put everything back on, so after weighing myself I realised I am now the heavyest I have been in my life Which wast a great feeling.

I usually average about 11st but now clocked in at 12 with BMI of about 28, so ideally I would like to lose about 40-50 lbs as this would place me near the centre of a healthy BMI.

Any tips on how to stay focused with this goal etc.

Another goal is to get a lower body fat % last time I checked it was around 29%. And also to ditch cigarettes.

Anyone else on a similar journey

Replies

• catsrule308
    catsrule308 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I want to lose body fat, I'm at an okay bmi of 22.5 at the moment
  • hunterfrlife
    hunterfrlife Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I wrote down all the reasons why I'm doing this and put it in my wallet so when I start to rationalize giving up I can remind myself why I started.
    I am in the same boat were I usually do really well for a couple weeks then I lose focus. I'm thinking about making a calendar where I mark each day as either winning or loosing, then I can reflect on my progress. I know the app keeps track but I feel writing it down on paper has more significance.
    I have 40lbs to lose get to my goal.
  • locofruitcake
    locofruitcake Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sounds like an interesting way to keep motivated, a physical reminder sounds like an excellent way of keeping on track might have to steal that off you haha. The calendar might also force me to keep going till it just becomes a part of my normal routine