HELP! Runners Plateau!!!!

Options
Hey guys my name is Keli and Ive had a real struggle (mentally & physically) with my weight..Ive never been happy and I want more than anything to gain that self acceptance and happiness within myself. Ive been told I look thin, great, beautiful...blah blah blah but I dont see it nor believe it and wont until I feel those things within myself.
In the past couple months ive yo-yo'd between 148-155lbs. Im about 5'7".
I was most comfy when I was hitting the low 140s...
I workout intensively 6 days a week, typically run 5miles..walk 1-2(cool off) and lift weights for about 30mins on top of 600 weighted crunches.

I consume about 1,500 calories a day (all low fat).

Any rc' on what else could help boost my weight loss? I feel Im stuck and it's been pretty unmotivating:( :( HHEELLPP!!

Replies

• aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I'm not a nutritionist, but you might need to eat more of your exercise calories back. You are clearly not eating everything that you are burning, and even though it seems counterintuitive, you might need MORE fuel. You might want to search the message boards more on this topic, but eating 200-300 calories more can break your plateau.
  • keliduggan
    keliduggan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    hmmmm great point thanks lady:) ill def research that!. This has been sooo fustrating!
  • Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Also, switch up your routine. Muscle confusion is a major factor as well. If you have been doing the same thing for weeks, then it is time to wake your body up again. Once you have done the same thing for a while, your body adjusts to it and does not work as hard for you as you would like.

I agree with Keli fuel your body more and switch up your program. You will get this plateau. :bigsmile:
  • keliduggan
    Options
    All amazing advice, thanks ladies!!!!!!!
  • keliduggan
    Options
    ps you both looks great! keep up the killer work and thanks for the support!!!! wish all women were this supportive of each other
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I think if you're working out that much (and running burns a ton of calories), you need to eat some more. Add more protein since you're doing so much working out and strength training. You might (like others suggested) change up your workout a few times per week.

What are weighted crunches?
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Without question, you need to eat more. That is a TON of exercise for only 1500 calories.
  • PhotographerOfNature
    PhotographerOfNature Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Yep! They gave you the right advice in my opinion. Enjoy a few hundred more calories and go hiking for an hour 1 day, then the next go rollerblading etc.... Give your body something to figure out for a while.
  • F4play
    F4play Posts: 21
    Options
    Keli

I actually think you would benefit from my current diet (see my blog) you need to involve partioning in your diet your body is retaining weight because it thinks your about to go on some mad excercise routine in effect when you are trying lose the last few pounds but retain your shape/muscle tone you need to fool the body into offering up its fat stores i spent months on this add weight lose weight, add muscle lose muscle yo yo dieting all it did is drive me nuts

Good luck with it would be great to see some pics i have a feeling your friends are right and getting similar feeback from like minded people to you might help
  • keliduggan
    Options
    Thanks guys for all your help and advice!!!!!!!

Tony- Ill be sure to check out your blog!!!!!!