Help on eating calorie goal consistently?

Options
So, I've recently changed my calories from 1580 (set at losing1/2lb a week) to 1300 (to lose 1lb a week).

I am having trouble remaining consistent with my food each day. I know I am impatient and only have changed it for the past 4 days but I was wondering if this will make a big deal over time?
Does it matter if I am way under ( like yesterday) or today where I know I will go over?
I typically don't plan my meals unless I am going to work and then I pre-log my food and am typically under cals at the end of the day.

I'd love your thoughts/opnions/advice! :happy:

Replies

• pittbullgirl
    pittbullgirl Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Bumping to get thoughts on this :)
  • Squamation
    Squamation Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I think it would depend how many day's you're going under and over and by how much.

If you go under by 200 cals twice in a week, but over by 600 cals 1 day that same week, at the end of if it you're 400 calories over your weekly target.

Be 400 calories over every week and that's 20, 800 yearly, almost a 6 lb gain (in that year).

If you're consistent it's easier to keep track of (for me), but if you do go over/under make sure you log it and follow up correctly (i.e. if you're over 400 once, make 4 days where you're under by 100).

Pre-logging is all about making sure you're going to hit your goals. If it looks like you won't be meeting everything take a min to figure out where you can add a few calories/grams of protein/whatever.
  • TheNewAdventuresofDanni
    Options
    Plan meals, its tedious, and you end up eating a lot of the same food. but I find it the best way. I am trying to hit 1200 cals (usually only eating between 850 and 950. When I plan my meals I get a lot closer (1100-1000)