Lose weight at home!?

Options
2»

Replies

• Chupiite
    Chupiite Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have, I'm pretty much stuck at home as I am single mum to 2 year old... I don't own any gym equipment, just as much as yoga Matt and some Dumbbells... My biggest exercise is Wii haha, I usually do Zumba, burns pretty much 600 cals for 40 mins.. My mornings I usually start with yoga, I get some good stretch out of it and than my 10000 step walking goal, it's another 500 calories.. 3 time a week I do leave my lil one in my mothers for an hour so I can train for my 5k marathon witch is just 3 weeks away... That's 350 - 500 cal burn and plus of course I eat with 500 cal deficit and I do not over eat my exercise calories, in months time I have lost 7.4kg (16lbs)
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    100% of my exercise is done at home if you exclude casual walks outside. I lose weight just fine.
  • Pawsforme
    Pawsforme Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Sure.

As others have said, weight loss is mostly about what you don't eat. That's easiest to control at home.

Outside of school, I've never in my life exercised in a gym and hope I never have to. I don't find the idea of having to pay a monthly fee and drive somewhere in order to exercise around sweaty strangers and on nasty equipment that's been used by hundreds of others appealing at all. At home I have some basic equipment -- dumbbells, jump rope, aerobic step. I have my own body and the ability to do a vast number of body weight exercises with it. I can simply step outside my door and walk as long as I want, getting fresh air and sunshine. And quiet.
  • debradugas9
    debradugas9 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I am!! And I have before!! I have a bike,I love to walk,weights and I have exercise videos!! I don't have have time to go to the gym.